By Emma Simonoff

Nicole Kidman is one of the most hardworking people in Hollywood. She’s been in at least two movies nearly every year since 1983.

To be in so many movies and prestigious television dramas each year while also raising children, living in Nashville and being married to Keith Urban, she must have the ability to stop time, clone herself or do something only very wealthy people who were once involved with Tom Cruise have the power to do.

Kidman has been in every genre you can think of, from Oscar bait “The Hours,” to science-fiction thriller “The Invasion,” and critically acclaimed family movie “Paddington” to upsetting experimental indie “Dogville.” Only once in my life have I ever been surprised to see her in a film: the Adam Sandler and Jennifer Aniston 2011 romantic comedy “Just Go With It.”

I’m not saying Kidman is too good for a Sandler comedy — actually, yes I am. Listen, I like Sandler just as much, if not more, than the next dummy, but it’s not exactly up to her usual standard.

I can see the appeal in all of Kidman’s other potentially out of character work. For example, “The Prom” is a musical and she likes musicals. She got to wear a silly hat, who wouldn’t like that. Even “Aquaman” I get. A lot of esteemed actors do superhero movies. However, “Just Go With It” was a new adventure for Kidman. It’s a straight up broad comedy: slapstick, fart jokes and all.

Kidman commits to the role of Aniston’s college frenemy — Devlin Adams — like it’s an HBO miniseries. After the initial shock of “Oh my God, that’s Nicole Kidman,” she fits into the 2010s studio comedy like she’s been doing it her whole life. Competing against Aniston in a hula showdown and constantly frenching her weird husband, Kidman rocks the house down.

“Just Go With It” is proof Kidman is a woman of the people. She’s a prestigious actress who wins Oscars and puts on fancy wigs and coats, but she’s never too proud to get down and dirty.