By Maya Frankel

It’s super easy nowadays to fall out of your routine, especially with Zoom classes and the upcoming holidays. Believe me, I get it.

These past few weeks, I’ve been in a funk as I try to find a new routine now that I’m home. The hardest part, at least for me, is finding motivation after being on Zoom the entire day. I know I’m not alone in this, so I wanted to write an article to tell you it is 100-percent OK and normal to feel this way.

All it takes is one day: one day where you wake up and decide to make it your day. It is completely your choice whether or not you do what you need to do, and only you can find inner love and motivation to do things that benefit you, not hurt you.

Just because yesterday was a horrible day does not in any way mean tomorrow will be that way. In fact, tomorrow could be the best day of your life.

We can do it together. Let’s wake up tomorrow with a new attitude, a new mindset and an inner love for ourselves. It doesn’t matter how long you’ve been feeling off. You can and will feel on top of things again. I promise you.

Tomorrow, wake up early, meditate for five minutes and go for a walk. I’ve learned fresh air works wonders after being inside all day doing work and classes.

I’ve started doing five-minute meditation sessions in the mornings to start my day under the mindset of “I can” rather than “I can’t.” 

It’s easy to plan the future and talk about the future, but until you follow through with actions, it won’t become reality.

Every day can be what you want it to be. If you have an off day, it’s OK. Tomorrow will be better because each day is filled with endless opportunities. It’s up to you to take those opportunities, but I recommend you do.

Go on that run with your neighbor, make that dinner with your family and fully embrace all life has to offer. Feel your emotions, every last one of them, because they are all valid, special and important. 

You and only you can make the changes you want. So let’s do this. Let’s make our day the best day and tomorrow our best day and every day whatever we want it to be. Everything will get better, even if you do not feel that way now. Just as the sun always shines through the clouds, your inner light will shine through.

I have an idea. Go get a pen and paper. We’re going to write down our New Year’s resolutions right now. Yes, I know it’s early December, but why would we wait to implement our goals and resolutions in a month when we can begin right away because each day is a new day? 

So if you think about it, each day is a new year because each day is different, full of possibilities.

When you finish writing down your resolutions, I want you to hang it up where you can see it when you wake up in the morning. Remember what you wrote and implement it into your everyday life. 

Why wait when you can start right now? Let’s start together.