By Maya Frankel

November is among us, and with that came a huge decision: to start celebrating the holiday season on Nov. 1 or to wait until after Thanksgiving. I chose to begin the holiday celebration on Nov. 1.

Because we’ve already seen snow, I think it is only fitting to break out the holiday sweaters early this year. Normally, I’m the person who waits until after Thanksgiving to start celebrating the holidays, but that was before COVID-19 times, before college times. Now, there is no time like the present.

We need to live every day to the fullest. Maybe that means getting hot chocolate or putting up a cute little Christmas tree in your dorm like I did. No matter what you do, make sure to enjoy every moment, because who cares if people say it’s too early to get into the holiday spirit? Do what you want: wear that Christmas sweater and buy those Christmas-scented candles.

The moment Oct. 31 rolled into Nov. 1, my roommate and I headed out to buy our candles and little Christmas tree, which we decorated with cute ornaments found at Newbury Street shops.

And, I may or may not have already started watching holiday movies. I highly recommend “Holidate” on Netflix, which I have already watched four or five times. I haven’t started listening to holiday music yet, but believe me, I will very soon.

I just love the holiday season, and there isn’t a certain date on which we should begin celebrating. Start whenever you want because time flies by. I mean, we only have a little more than two weeks until Thanksgiving break. So, I say enjoy every moment and celebrate the holidays with your friends before everyone heads home.

I love the feeling of snuggling under cozy blankets with fuzzy socks while watching a Christmas movie with my family. There is nothing quite like hot chocolate on a chilly day. Well, I live in Florida, so not really a chilly day, but you get the point.

My favorite memories have occurred during the holidays, and having the opportunity to make some of those memories while being at school is such a gift. So break out those holiday sweaters and go get yourself a hot chocolate.

Come on, let’s make those holiday memories and get in the holiday spirit. If you’re reading this, here’s a sign you should stop what you are doing, grab a cozy blanket and put on a holiday movie.