I’m just going to clear the air on something I think I need to address: I’ve been thinking about Shawn Mendes a lot lately. 

I don’t listen to his music. I can name maybe two of his songs. I wouldn’t even say I’m in love with him. But I might be, and the only way to find out if our love is worth an investment of my time is by analyzing his birth chart to see what he’s all about and if I should even bother pursuing a relationship with him.

Let’s just dive right in.

Focusing on the man himself, his birthday is Aug. 8, which makes him a Leo. In real-people speak, he was born to share his creative energy with others and exudes almost overwhelming senses of confidence and passion. Leos have a reputation of being a little “much” sometimes, but for someone like Shawn, I’d say the more the merrier. 

I’m a Gemini. And let me tell you, I’m a Gemini. I’m all over the place, charming and have excellent communication skills, but dating me requires being ready for a hefty challenge (love you, Capricorn), because my moods change quickly and my temperament isn’t always the best. 

I was concerned both of our defined personalities would clash, but the stars offered reassurance in heaping tablespoons. Apparently, our needs for adventure and spontaneity will make for a super fun and memorable relationship — even if it doesn’t last. 

Shawn’s moon sign is in Aquarius, so his endurance and focus are both strong. My moon is in Leo, so when I go hard, I go hard. That’s going to be important if we ever end up having sex, which, according to our compatibility chart, has a 99-percent compatibility rate. 

The stars offer caution for our sex life, though, because my short, Gemini attention span might not be able to hold onto his bold, Leo ego in the bedroom, but that doesn’t change the fact that we’re both bold, flirty and open to experimenting. The stars above said it, not me.

But unfortunately, there is truth to my fear. Since our Leo out here wants to have the spotlight on him, I might get sick of that as I try to navigate a conversation bouncing from topic to topic. He also needs someone whose undivided attention will rest on him and apparently, I can’t provide that, even though the brain in my head is currently giving the stars a bone to pick. 

Personally, I think we’re really compatible. He seems like the kind of guy who’s down for anything as long as everyone’s enjoying themselves and I would absolutely enjoy myself around him. I also think he would be comfortable saying no if he doesn’t want to do something, which might sound weird, but what I’m trying to say is that unlike a lot of 22-year-old boys, I don’t think this one is the impulsive or rambunctious type. I like that about him because it’s cute as hell.

So maybe Shawn is worth my time, even if it’s just a fling. I think I’ll listen to my gut and I think Capricorn would be okay with a throuple situation if I pitch it right.