By Maya Frankel

If you like pickles, you’ve come to the right place. I’m not sure what it is about pickles, but I find myself craving them way too often. Is that just me, or are pickle cravings pretty common?

I feel a bit strange writing an article about pickles, but I figured I should write about a topic other than cafes for a week — so pickles it is.

The majority of people I have met seem to like pickles, yet I still feel like so many people hate them. I’m definitely in the majority who likes them, as I am that person who asks if anyone does not want their pickle at lunch.

Pickles and salt and vinegar chips fall into the same category of addictive foods, neither of which I can ever stop eating. Pickles are very high in sodium and acidity, making them the perfect food to eat when dehydrated. Grab a water and a few pickle slices and you are on your way to hydration. You know what they say, hydration is key.

If you forget to drink water during your classes like I do, then you may be craving salt on a regular basis, also like I do. Pickles are the perfect way to satisfy your salt cravings. On top of that, they also help with bloating, digestion and because they are pickled in vinegar, contain vitamins and minerals.

As you can see, there are endless benefits to eating pickles. They are good for your health, a healthy and easy snack and provide the hydration many college students are lacking.

If you don’t have a kitchen in your dorm, then you know it’s essential to have snacks around. Pickles are the perfect go-to snack: easy, crunchy, tasty and healthy. Doesn’t that sound great?

Take my advice and go to the nearest Whole Foods and buy yourself a container of Grillo’s Pickles. You won’t regret it. I also recommend Trader Joe’s Hot and Spicy dill pickle chips and just plain kosher dill pickle spears. Those are for the nights you crave salty foods. It is always better to be prepared for those random cravings at 12 a.m.

Don’t you want a versatile snack? A snack that can be eaten alone, with a burger or even with salt and vinegar chips, because why not have a salt explosion?

Thanks for listening to my rant about how pickles are a great snack. I hope I convinced a couple of you to give pickles a shot.