By Thalia Lauzon
The COVID-19 Playlist
Everything goes better with music –– even a pandemic. These aptly named songs will have a whole new meaning to you in the context of quarantine and isolation.
- “Make Me Wanna Die” by The Pretty Reckless
- “I’m a Mess” by Bebe Rexha
- “Locked Away” by R. City (feat. Adam Levine)
- “Cruel Summer” by Taylor Swift
- “When Can I See You Again?” by Owl City
The Dance-Like-No-One-Is-Watching Playlist
I don’t know if I can trust anyone who doesn’t dance –– or at least jump –– around in their room when they listen to a great beat. No parties are allowed right now, but you can still blast these songs and have yourself a solo-party bash.
Also, if you’re looking to procrastinate studying, having a dance party is a healthy distraction from work. It allows you to get up and move out of the uncomfortable chair you’re sitting in.
- “Hey Ya!” by OutKast
- “Dance With Me Tonight” by Olly Murs
- “Classic” by MKTO
- “Reggaetón Lento” (Remix) by CNCO and Little Mix
- “Shape of You” by Ed Sheeran
The Happiness Playlist
Whether you need to feel better or are already feeling like you can run 10 miles, these songs will do the trick. Jam and out and be happy.
- “High Hopes” by Panic! At the Disco
- “Just Like Fire” by P!nk
- “Immortals” by Fall Out Boy
- “Watermelon Sugar” by Harry Styles
- “24K Magic” by Bruno Mars
The Feeling Down Playlist
Sometimes you just need things to feel as down as you are. The songs in this playlist will match your mood if you’re feeling a little down or need to cry one out. We all need a little comfort, especially during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- “I Found” by Amber Run
- “Someone You Loved” by Lewis Capaldi
- “Waves” by Dean Lewis
- “Wonder” by Shawn Mendes
- “Meant to Be” by Bebe Rexha (ft. Florida Georgia Line)
The Going-On-a-Trip Playlist
After you’ve had a cathartic cleansing with the last five songs, the next step to feeling better might be going outside. Whether you’re going for a walk, run, car trip or train ride, these songs will be an amazing soundtrack for your next adventure.
- “Shotgun” by George Ezra
- “Cake By The Ocean” by DNCE
- “Body Like a Back Road” by Sam Hunt
- “Castle on the Hill” by Ed Sheeran
- “Legendary” by Welshly Arms
The Break-Up Playlist
So far, seven couples I know have broken up during the COVID-19 pandemic. Therefore, I have it on good authority that many of them listen to music to get through their breakups.
There are so many break up songs for a reason.
After going through hundreds of songs, these seem to cover the range of emotions I saw my friends go through –– from sadness and anger to complete recovery.
- “Be Alright” by Dean Lewis
- “Clarity” by Zedd (feat. Foxes)
- “Shout Out to My Ex” by Little Mix
- “No Scrubs” by TLC
- “Forget You” by Cee Lo Green