I’ve reached my expiration date. Mold has grown upon me, and I am becoming fuzzy. It’s time to throw me out as I am not recyclable.

The 2019-2020 school year has come and gone, and so has my time as Blog Editor. It’s been fun, but all good things must come to an end (and I think if I kept going for a few more months everyone would hate me even more than they already do). 

I transferred to Boston University at the beginning of the academic year and despite it being cut short, this has been my favorite year of college. Mind you, I was coming from a school I obviously disliked, so even Boston College would’ve felt like a glow-up. But I think BU is a sincerely good fit for me, and doing my time at the Daily Free Press has a lot to do with that.

Unsolicited feedback from my friends and family who read my blogs this year has given me a lot of confidence I didn’t know I needed as a young and stupid writer. Ever since getting sent home from Boston and then being locked inside for two months, making people laugh or think a little has been a tiny goal I set for myself when I sit down to write a piece. Because when you’re a starving artist, if even just one person reads your work, the labor is worth it.

This position doesn’t even feel like a responsibility, and in the world of stay-at-home restrictions, it’s especially cathartic. Writing makes me feel like I have some sort of purpose, and editing the work of others is one of my favorite past times. Blog writers have been so creative this semester and reading their work is a refreshing break in my day.

My responsibilities at the FreeP are a lot less taxing than that of the other editors, who tirelessly manage writers, assign complicated stories and stay up until the sun rises to finish up stories for publishing on time. And for them, I have the utmost respect. Blog, however, is more of an emotional support group than anything else, which is very much my speed. 

Through all the horny rants about my celebrity crushes, pep talks, random observations, my boobs, fashion critiques and oat product reviews, thank you to anyone who actually read my work. I will miss having a void to scream into as we enter the summer months, but I’ll be back to write in the fall.

In the meantime, if you need to reach me for emotional support or as a hitman, I will be lying upside down in a cocoon until this pandemic is over, so feel free to contact me via email or P.O. box. Hopefully, I will metamorph into Bella Hadid or something by September because lord knows I need a fresh start.