By Aasha Amber Bhatnagar

This quarantine thing is getting old. Every day feels like deja vu. As a West Coaster, I wake up for classes at 4:45 a.m., watch the sunrise and then binge watch episodes of “Once Upon a Time,” or something else on Disney Plus. Somehow, thankfully, I’ve been able to stay in high spirits through social distancing, but it’s probably because I’ve had “Frozen” on repeat. 

I’m a very glass-half-full kind of person and can always see the light at the end of the tunnel, but if I’m being completely honest, watching the warm sun shine through my windows and seeing palm trees from afar has been tough. I took the little things for granted, like walking into a coffee shop without having to stand six feet away from any breathing human. And I know I’m not the only one who feels this way.

With all of that said, here are some things you can do to boost your mood while stuck in quarantine.

Watch Disney movies or listen to their soundtracks

I live and breathe Disney. It’s pretty much in my DNA. According to my friends, Disney is my brand. The invention of the streaming service Disney Plus couldn’t have come at a better time, because now, it’s one of the only things keeping my mood boosted. 

Nearly every Disney film and TV show is on Disney Plus, so there is no feasible way to get bored or tired of watching the same thing. I’ve also been listening to Disney playlists on Spotify, which are filled with songs from “The Little Mermaid,” “Beauty and the Beast” and other classics. Disney music is, in my opinion, the happiest music to bless one’s ears. Listen to a Disney playlist and your spirits will instantly be lifted.

Bake some yummy Pinterest recipes 

There’s nothing that a warm brownie or gooey chocolate chip cookie can’t fix. Pinterest is overflowing with recipes for baked goods, and you can find virtually anything from easy to advanced recipes. If you’re up for a fun challenge, try some of the advanced ones. Keeping sweet treats around is always a good way to increase those serotonin levels. 

Organize your room

Having a nice, clean space to work in raises productivity, which, in turn, elevates your mood. I’m always so much more productive and happy when I’m living in a clean space because less cluttered means less of a distraction. Minor, daily cleaning habits — like remembering to make your bed or making sure your tables and workspace are nice and clean — can instantly make you feel better. Or, at least, more organized. 

Make a list of things you want to do when isolation is over

Having something to look forward to is one of the easiest mood-boosters, and this one is pretty much self-explanatory. For me, some of those things include seeing my friends, going to Disneyland and Disneyworld, (hopefully) moving into better student housing next semester with my sorority sisters and, of course, shopping. 

With all of these amazing things to look forward to, thinking about the day they finally become reality never fails to put a smile on my face. So, make a list of the things you want to do and plan on actually doing them. This could be in the form of a Pinterest board with dorm room decor ideas, restaurants you want to go to and whatever else will keep you motivated to plow through quarantine.