By Liam Grogan

Lets face it: Hulu has never been anyone’s first choice. Next to the bangin’ originals offered by streaming services Netflix, HBO and Disney Plus, Hulu kinda feels like the weird cousin just hanging out at this point. But, thanks to that crazy Spotify deal — where students pay $5 per month for Hulu and Spotify bundled, if you weren’t in the know — at this point, we all either have Hulu or someone who will give us their password. 

I thought I’d go over my favorite Hulu exclusives for everyone who’s burned through the entire Netflix catalogue already. These shows are sure to take your mind off of the inescapable hellscape we all live in now (for a little while, at least). 

“Atlanta”

There’s an argument to be made that Donald Glover’s surreal yet grounded passion project, “Atlanta,” is one of the most revolutionary shows of this century. While that’s an entirely separate debate, for now I’ll just say that it’s certainly one of the best shows on Hulu right now. While it’s only two seasons as of now, “Atlanta” has some of the best scriptwriting that television has to offer.

“Brooklyn 99”

If this show ever left Hulu, I think the executives would see a 90 percent drop in subscribers within a day. That would be like if “Friends” left Netflix (oh, wait); but if you like comedies like “The Office” or “Parks and Recreation,” “Brooklyn 99” was made by the one and only Michael Schur, and for my money, it’s the best of the trio. 

“Angie Tribeca”

If you love silly comedies of movies like “Airplane!” or “The Naked Gun,” this show follows directly in their footsteps. But the fact that more people haven’t heard of this show is downright criminal. We could all use some more goofy, good-natured fun at this point, so this is the perfect show to just sit back and mindlessly laugh at.

“The Eric Andre Show”

Trying to explain “The Eric Andre Show” to someone who has no idea is not an easy task. Part parody of late night television, part prank show, part surrealist experimental comedy, “The Eric Andre Show” is hard to quantify. I describe it to friends as, “if weird internet meme culture became a TV show.” This is another great option if you just need to laugh (or be really horrified, depending on your sense of humor).

“Nathan For You”

The amount of work that goes into making this show is unbelievably impressive. Set up as one of those CBC shows where someone helps struggling businesses rebound, undercover comedian Nathan Fielder attempts to provide very real people the most absurd advice imaginable. It’s when you witness Nathan establish fake Exxon job interviews to legitimize a rock band he created to help alleviate tariffs on smoke detectors that you realize how genius the show actually is. Don’t follow? Go watch for yourself. You won’t regret it.

“The Amazing World of Gumball”

Okay, so maybe this is a little biased because it was one of my favorite shows growing up. But so what? The Cartoon Network show is still hilarious today, and the animation is as wonderful and creative as it’s ever been. People who don’t watch cartoons because they think they’re “just for kids” need to swallow their pride and learn to enjoy themselves. Otherwise, they’ll miss out on a gem like this one. 

Hopefully, this guide will give you something fun to do in quarantine or a great departure from walking around the neighborhood 14 times a day.