By Michelle Lu Tian

Lately, quarantine has been really tough on me, on my friends and on everyone. 

First of all, I think we should start calling it “self-isolation” because “quarantine” makes it sound like we’re one of those sick fish in “Finding Dory,” surrounded by metal walls with no chance of escaping. Second, I want to bring a little humor during these sucky times. I’m not normally a funny person, but I’m trying, like, really trying. 

As an extroverted introvert, my mind is all over the place. Especially during self-isolation, I feel like I’m riding an emotional roller coaster; one second I’m depressed and bored out of my mind, the next, I’m happy that I don’t have to deal with people. 

Here are a few thoughts that will show you the differences as to what goes through the mind of both an extrovert and introvert when social distancing.

Get. Me. Out. Of. Here.

That’s funny, I didn’t know my daily lifestyle was called “self-quarantine!” 

[Insert friend’s name here], can you come over? Oh wait, you’re also under the stay-at-home order?

I think I’m going to make some tea.

[Insert another friend’s name here], can you come over? Oh, wait, EVERYONE’s supposed to stay home?

Maybe I could do a puzzle! 

I could Naruto run around my living room for exercise… 

*Pure bliss*

*Panic*

*Calm*

You know, it’s kind of nice I get to spend all this time taking care of myself.

I can’t believe my whole family is quarantined with me. All I want is TO TALK TO OTHER PEOPLE.

Nap time!

I wish one of my friends, ANY of my friends, would just come over. 

*Has an ambient dream*

*Is living a nightmare*

I could get started on some of these homework assignments that are due at the end of the semester for No Credit!

So glad they gave us the No Credit option because I can’t focus to save my LIFE right now.

*Bakes three cakes*

*Eats three cakes* 

Today wasn’t so bad. I can’t wait to learn a new hobby tomorrow! 

How am I going to do this for another day, let alone indefinitely?