By Michelle Lu Tian

I’m sure almost everyone has a dream vacation destination on their bucket list. I certainly do. I’m hoping to shine a light on one of my bucket list destinations: Singapore. It’s a bustling, lively island in Asia, located right above the equator. It has a land area of about 280 square miles, but it’s truly a fantasy world come to life. 

Maybe I’m a little biased since I have a house there. But, I promise, you won’t regret coming to visit. Here are a few reasons why you should travel to Singapore. 

Its cultural diversity

Singapore is an extremely ethnically diverse country. It has four official languages: English, Mandarin, Tamil and Malay. With so many cultures to experience, you can also get a taste of countless different cuisines. You have the opportunity to learn about different religions and celebrate important national holidays that your culture might not have celebrated to begin with. You get the best of all worlds. 

The view

Go on Google Images, search up Singapore and gaze at the beautiful country. I know you may think that many of those photos are Photoshopped. But I can assure you, they’re not. There’s truly no place in the world with so much life and wonder. 

Safety

Singapore is ranked as one of the safest countries in the world. No matter where you go, you can be comforted in knowing that Singapore has one of the lowest crime rates in the world. 

The food.

The food in Singapore is unbelievable. They have every cuisine you could possibly think of, from Indian to Peranakan, which came from an ethnic Chinese group. I don’t remember complaining once about the food found in my neighborhood. This is a big deal, since I am a notoriously picky eater. Everyone will find something they love to eat in Singapore.

Attractions

The Infinity Pool on top of Marina Bay Sands. The Merlion. The Singapore Flyer. Gardens by the Bay. Sentosa. Universal Studios Singapore. I could go on and on about all the tourist attractions in Singapore that even the locals love to visit. You’ll never be bored.

Singapore is truly one of a kind. It is a mix of futuristic, familiarity and fun all molded into this beautiful, diverse and unique country. If you get a chance to visit, you’ll never want to leave.