By Alia Al-Chalabi

Not only is lasagna the perfect thing to warm you up while you cuddle up and watch some Netflix, it will last you almost a full week. For the perfect economical solution to a great meal, enjoy this delicious recipe. 

Ingredients:

• 1 box lasagna noodles 
  • 1 jar tomato sauce 
  • 1 package ricotta cheese 
  • 1 bag dry mozzarella cheese 
  • 1 pound ground beef 
  • ½ onion
  • 3 cloves garlic 
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil 
  • 2 tablespoons salt 
  • 1 tablespoon parmesan 

Utensils:

• A deep rectangular pan 

Assembly:

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Put water in a pot and add one tablespoon of salt, then proceed to cook your lasagna noodles to the recommended time on the box. 

While this is boiling, you can cook the ground beef (or leave it out for a vegetarian lasagna). Add the olive oil to a medium heated pan, and then add your finely chopped onion. Cook the onions until translucent and soft, then add the garlic (don’t do this too early or you will burn the garlic).Then add the ground beef. Use a fork to break apart the beef, then one tablespoon of salt and cook for about 10 minutes. 

Once the lasagna noodles are done, drain them and then run cold water over the noodles. Take your lasagna pan and put a layer of sauce of the bottom of the pan. You should have about three pieces of pasta per layer, laid down vertically. Then add a layer of ricotta, mozzarella, sauce and ground beef. Be generous with the cheese! Repeat this until you have about four layers. Once you have your lasagna assembled, add a little bit of parmesan to the top for extra flavor.

Bake for about 45 minutes and let it cool for about 15 minutes. Enjoy!