By Leigh Brandt

As the weather gets colder and the temperatures drop, our skin is likely to dry out. My specifically curated skincare routine allows me to fight off signs of scaly skin and keep my face hydrated in the harsh winter temperatures.

I am constantly trying out different products including masks and oils, however my skincare routine has remained pretty constant over the years, thanks to the following products. I am no expert in skincare but these are some products that work for my normal, sometimes sensitive skin. 

First step: Cleanser

I begin my skincare routine washing my face with Dermalogica Special Cleansing Gel. I add water to a small bit of cleanser and lather it on, allowing for a thorough cleaning of my skin. The cleanser is light so as not to strip my skin of moisture but rather leave it feeling smooth and well-washed. 

Second step: Toner

After I cleanse my skin, I use toner. Toner helps to close up my pores after I have washed my face and keep any other dirt or debris from entering into my skin cells. I use the Tonique Confort Comforting Rehydrating Toner by Lancôme. I put a bit of toner on a cotton pad and apply the product to my skin. The toner is soft its formula feels very hydrating.

Third step: Oil

Then, I apply Tarte Maracuja Oil. I find that my skin really absorbs the oil when applied. I squeeze a few droplets into my palms and pat the oil into my skin. The oil is firming and light and instantly smoothes and hydrates my skin. 

Final Step: Moisturizer 

I finish my skincare routine by moisturizing my skin. I use POND’S Dry Skin Cream. I apply the moisturizer to my face and decollete and my skin is left feeling soft and glowy. 

These products not only help to get me through the winter, but to also maintain consistency in the overall appearance and health of my skin.