By Dylan Hubert

It isn’t often that I find myself listening to music on the radio. With the popularity of streaming services such as Spotify and Apple Music, listening to the radio has become obsolete for many of us. In the rare instance that I am driving in my car and my phone isn’t connected and playing my own music over the car stereo, then to the radio I go. 

As I flip through the stations, there is nothing that excites me more than switching to a pop-music station and hearing “Mr. Worldwide” blasting through my speakers. 

Pitbull, affectionately known by his fans as Mr. Worldwide, is a rapper and singer-songwriter from Miami. The 38-year-old (who would be roughly sixC years old in dog years) is known for his catchy hooks and energetic rapping about his larger-than-life antics. 

He is also known as Mr. 305 (because of his local Miami area code) and has always been influenced by his Cuban roots. He often incorporates Latin-inspired beats in his songs. 

While he is always collaborating with different artists, such as Christina Aguilera, Jennifer Lopez, Ne-Yo and many more, the constant in all of Pitbull’s music is his signature ad-lib “dale.”

Dale, a Spanish word, roughly translates to “give it” or “go ahead.” Basically, Pitbull is telling his fans to lose their inhibitions and have a good time. 

With chart-topping singles such as “Give Me Everything” and “Timber,” Pitbull never ceases to entertain me. While his lyrics may never have a profound impact, he consistently produces songs that do one thing right: They make me feel good. 

Do yourself a favor and add a few Pitbull songs to your next party playlist. He is sure to be a hit. Also, if you are ever in a pinch and need to listen to the radio, don’t be afraid to tune into a pop station where you’re sure to encounter some of his best work. 

Dale.