By Katrina Li

Life is a spectrum. At one end are the happy times and at the other end are dark days. Generally, we want our life to be on the positive end of the spectrum, but unfortunately, that isn’t always possible. When there seems to be little light at the end of the tunnel, here are some things to think about and to be excited for.

There are more sunsets and sunrises to witness

Whether you’re an early bird or cannot stand getting up before 9 a.m., the occasional portrait of the sun waking up or setting in for the night is something that never gets old. I have witnessed some spectacular landscapes of the colors that paint the sky at the start and end of the day, and I am breathless every time. I always have a fleeting feeling of humbleness in a world that is more than we can imagine.

There are more spectacular people to meet

Think of the people in your life currently who bring you the most joy in the world. The people who make you want to be a better person. There are more people you will meet in your life who you will never want to let go of. More people who you will give your love to, because they deserve it. 

There are more songs to fall in love with

One of the most powerful things in this world is music. Those songs that get you in the feels? The ones that baffle you regarding how spectacular they are? There are so many more of those songs to discover in your lifetime. Music is evolving with society. Aren’t you excited to see where it can go?

There is more food to try

I don’t know about you, but I’m a huge fan of food. All the food that I love now used to be foreign to me. Be excited for your future taste buds and what they will discover!

There are more new places to discover

Whether it’s a different country or even a different town, we often find the most unexpected, but wonderful places. Look forward to experiencing a different way of life while enjoying the beautiful sights in the process. Nature is beautiful.

There is more love to feel

Love is a powerful feeling, whether it’s love to a person, a pet, a place or even another feeling. Love is overwhelming, yet it is somehow so fulfilling. Those moments that make you feel grateful to be alive or the moments that you realize how much love you feel? Those are moments to live for.