By Aasha Amber Bhatnagar

As the effortlessly fabulous Marilyn Monroe once said: “give a girl the right pair of shoes and she can conquer the world.” 

Marilyn was right; shoes are a vital part of fashion and personality and the right shoes can add a powerful dash of spice to your outfit. Though the style of shoes has changed throughout the years, one fact remains the same: shoes can make or break your outfit. 

Here are my top shoe recommendations to conquer the world this fall and winter.

Dr. Martens

Boots and booties are the perfect fall shoe and can dress up any casual outfit in the blink of an eye. My favorite boots this fall have been my Dr. Martens. They’re highly versatile, go with virtually anything and add a touch of edge to any outfit. Paired with the right pair of socks, Dr. Martens can be cozy and warm while also exceedingly stylish. 

Chelsea boots

Chelsea boots have been an ongoing trend for years and are absolutely timeless. While some have heels and some don’t, my favorites are the heeled ones — they add a pop of sophistication to my outfits while still being comfortable. The clean leather look paired with some denim will lend class to any outfit. 

Over-the-knee boots

Over-the-knee boots can take any outfit to the next level. You can pair them with jeans for a dressy but casual look or with a sweater dress or skirt. These boots are a statement piece within themselves and are shockingly comfortable. My favorite version of them (and most comfortable) are from Nordstrom. 

Animal print flats and booties

If over-the-knee boots aren’t your thing but you still want a statement shoe, animal print flats and booties will do the trick. Pair some animal print shoes with neutral toned outfits to add some spice. My favorite look is a black denim skirt and neutral colored sweater, tied together with these loud shoes. 

Hunter rain boots

It rains a lot here in New England and, unfortunately, rain plus cute booties equals no go. Fortunately for those of us who live for fashion, Hunter rain boots are the most stylish rain boots out there. They come in a range of styles and are perfect for combatting the rain. Hunter Rain Boots can be expensive, but there are many inexpensive dupes for them that are just as cute and effective.