By Autumn Moon

As soon as October hits, everyone’s mind goes to one thing: Halloween. The holiday is always loads of fun, but sometimes costumes can be a source of stress. In the weeks leading up to parties we all think to ourselves: “What should I wear? I want to be creative, but I don’t know what to do? Ugh, should I just be a cat again?”

However, this spooky season, we’re going to give ‘em pumpkin to talk about with the best (and most creative) costumes for this upcoming Halloween, separated by characters and people, group costumes and timeless classics. 

Characters/people

The list of characters people can dress as is endless, but some fresh and notorious favorites include Brittany Spears, Wonderwoman, Wednesday Addams, Ashley O from “Black Mirror,” Kim Possible, Harley Quinn from “Suicide Squad,” Jackie Burkhart from “That 70’s Show,” Cleopatra, Marilyn Monroe, characters from the movie “Grease,” Audrey Hepburn, Barbies or Bratz dolls, Ariana Grande and Vivian Ward from “Pretty Woman.”

Group costumes 

Ever want to find a group costume that makes everyone look like a hallo-queen? Look no further. The favorites of this season include the Spice Girls (Ginger, Scary, Sporty, Baby and Posh), Clueless (Cher, Dionne, Tai and Amber), Regina, Gretchen and Karen from “Mean Girls,” Victoria’s Secret Angels, PowerPuff girls (Buttercup, Bubbles and Blossom), Scooby Doo crew (Daphne, Velma, Shaggy, Scooby and Fred), the Purge, and Charlie’s Angels (Dylan, Natalie and Alex).

Timeless classics

No matter the year, these costumes are always a hit. These beloved costume ideas include vampire, leopard, cat, (playboy) bunny, ballerina, mummy, flight attendant, mermaid, surfer chick, maid, cavewoman, gypsy, flapper, boxer, pirate, police officer, nun, prisoners and devil or angel. 

No matter what costume you decide to wear, rock it with style and it’ll be a hit anywhere you go. There’s no need to be basic, so get creative this Halloween season. After all, ghouls just want to have fun. 

For additional photo inspiration, check out pinterest, and for all the necessities for your costume at reasonable prices, check out the following sites: Forever 21, ASOS, Etsy, Fashion Nova and Amazon.