By Steff Staples

It’s the most beertiful time of the year.

Ah, the smell of beer and sausage are in the air — it’s Oktoberfest! The time of year everyone who’s studied abroad in Germany posts throwback pictures on Instagram of the good ole’ days, celebrating in Munich. We get it, Becky, you went to Germany your junior year. There are plenty of Oktoberfest events happening around the Boston area. Cheers to the beer, huge pretzels, steins and, of course, beer. Did I mention beer? 

Here is where you can enjoy a lager, eat Instagram worthy food and wear your lederhosen with pride.

Oktoberfest Celebration at Magoun’s 

Jam out to live music and tap the keg in Somerville from 9:30 a.m. to 11:59 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 28. 

Lamplighter’s Oktoberfest 

Enjoy beers starting at 11:00 a.m. on Saturday, Sept. 28 in Cambridge at Lamplighter Brewing. Impress all your friends with your strength by competing in a stein holding competition. 

Barktoberfest

Dogs celebrate Oktoberfest too! Take your furry friend to Samuel Adams Brewery on Sunday, Sept. 29 from 2:00 to 4:00 p.m. 

Harpoon Oktoberfest 

All weekend long, starting Friday, Oct. 4, Harpoon Brewery is celebrating. On Sunday, Oct. 6 the brewery is hosting a Dogtoberfest for dog owners or just dog lovers, in case you missed Barktoberfest.

Oktoberfest at SoWa

Push those Sunday scaries aside and say cheers on Sunday, Oct. 6 from 11:00 a.m to 4:00 p.m with Schilling Beer Company and SoWa Boston. 

Prost!