By Krystle Boyajian

I’m from New England and like all good New Englanders, I love Dunkin’ Donuts. My first job, along with half of my cousins, most of my high school and what seems like the rest of Massachusetts, was working at the beloved coffee chain. To this day, I only buy coffee from Dunks’ because the rest is trash — sorry Starbucks lovers (although I will admit your chai lattes are infinitely better).

Anyways, that’s besides the point. So, I love Dunks’ and when I moved into the Student Village in West Campus I was so excited to have one right downstairs. Think of it: the convenience of getting iced coffee, even when it’s snowy. I barely have to walk 10 feet before coming across a Dunkin’ Donuts. It’s always readily available. Also, yes, it’s always iced coffee. This is Massachusetts. Catch up. 

They decided to do a remodel of their brand this past winter, and, as I was coming back to campus to retrieve some sweaters one night in early January, I saw a hilarious error hung up on the walls of my precious Dunks’.

“TERRIERS RUNS ON DUNKIN’”

I laughed and took a picture. 

I mean, I get why they did it. That’s their slogan: America runs on Dunkin’. It’s cute, it’s catchy, but, boy, did they forget to think about plurals. I wanted to point it out to BU but I didn’t know who to tell, so I just took a picture and moved on because it’s not that important as long as their iced coffee is still good. 

One month later I was back on campus for spring semester move-in and it was fixed, thankfully. The spacing, however, was off, so if you’ve ever been annoyed by the large spacing of the slogan at the StuVi Dunkin’ Donuts you’re not alone. 

But please remember it’s because Dunkin’ Donuts corporate was so dead-set on using their slogan that they didn’t think about using the correct grammar.