By Krystle Boyajian

I saw this image over the weekend and I need everyone else to see it too. 

I am being haunted by the image of James McAvoy as Mr. Tumnus, the faun from “Chronicles of Narnia.” 

Apparently, James McAvoy — now a famous and celebrated dramatic actor — played Mr. Tumnus in “The Chronicles of Narnia,” and I can not get over it. Honestly, the fact that the scary “Split” man is the same Faun who showed Lucy around Narnia still baffles me. 

The prosthetics for sure threw me off; it’s obvious that McAvoy doesn’t have a round nose and goat ears in his other movies. That’s the point of prosthetics, so honestly, congratulations to the makeup department for Narnia — you tricked me into a false sense of security throughout my childhood. 

Despite knowing that it’s all acting, his face is still keeping me up at night. All I can picture is Mr. Tumnus going beast crazy on Lucy. Let me tell you, it’s not pleasant. 

So, my fears were brought to life earlier this week when I saw a tweet by @spiderhollsnd: “y’all started stanning james mcavoy because of the IT 2 movie when I started stanning him from the Chronicles of Narnia when he played Mr Tumnus.”

I yelled when I saw the tweet. I sent it to my little sister and yelled again because the image of Mcavoy wouldn’t leave my brain.

I loved “The Chronicles of Narnia” when I was little. I’m pretty sure I made my family watch it with me hundreds of times. Somehow, after years of watching, we never noticed that this was James McAvoy. My dad is really good at recognizing actors, but somehow Mcavoy slipped past all of us for over a decade. 

I even had Narnia bookends in my room. I looked at this man every day for years. Knowing that a small statue of the man who stars in “Split” sat in my bedroom for years send me into a deep panic. I can’t explain how I feel about this. I think I now fear James McAvoy’s shapeshifting powers. 

How is he the same guy? I mean, McAvoy’s range is obviously impressive, but I already knew that from his role(s) in “Split.” But this? I am curious about how this man chooses roles. Who is his agent? A helpful faun to the leader of the X-Men to Creepy Beast Man.

I am impressed, albeit scared of all of his characters now, but still impressed.

I hope this PSA has been educational. I hope you can still sleep after seeing this. You should know I was inspired to write this at midnight when the image of Mr. Tumnus going Beast on Narnia burnt itself into the back of my eyelids.