By Max Berman

SPOILER ALERT — This theory will happen, mark my words.

“Game of Thrones” is certainly the best television show ever created. It excels at character development, building anticipation, and, of course, epic and gruesome battle scenes.

Watching Jon Snow face off against a horde of men on horses or Drogon sweeping over a vast army of golden cloaked Lannister soldiers is satisfyingly delicious. But what made me fall in love with the show was not the sword, it was the intelligence behind the knight wielding the weapon.

George R.R. Martin and the showrunners — David Benioff and Dan Weiss — create complexity within each episode. This complexity encourages viewers to theorize what will happen next. Season 7 partially failed fans by rushing through the intricate moments that make the show incredible.

But based on the quality of the last two episodes, Season 8 seems like it is undoubtedly going to improve upon last season’s failures.

“A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms” was by far my favorite episode, excluding episodes that didn’t have a major battle sequence. This episode set the table for what is likely to be the longest, most expensive and most impactful episode of all time.

Everyone needs to watch the next episode, whatever it will be named, this Sunday night. What’s most exciting is the fact that no one knows who will win, who will die and how it all will happen. Well, except I do know one thing: the Night King won’t make an appearance at Winterfell.

Why? Because he will be traveling down to King’s Landing to destroy it. I’m quite certain of this prediction and there are a few clues that led me to this conclusion.

In Season 2, when Daenerys of the House Targaryen, the First of Her Name, The Unburnt, Queen of the Andals, the Rhoynar and the First Men, Queen of Meereen, Khaleesi of the Great Grass Sea, Protector of the Realm, Lady Regent of the Seven Kingdoms, Breaker of Chains and Mother of Dragons — wow I’m out of breath — visits the House of the Undying, she has an extremely consequential vision.

Daenerys walks through the throne room, but it is destroyed, and the ground is covered in a white material. Initially, I thought this was ash from a fire.

But, after I became convinced the Night King was going to resurrect a dead dragon, which came to fruition at the end of last season, I knew the white material couldn’t be ash. This was snow. It’s quite clear it has to be snow since Daenerys later walks beyond the wall in the North in her vision.

This, by far, is the biggest signifier that the Night King will destroy King’s Landing with “Ice Viserion.” But, there’s another clue that aids my argument. During the last episode of Season 7, Tyrion Lannister and Jon Snow, or should I say Aegon Targaryen, have a conversation on a boat that looks over King’s Landing.

“How many people live here?” Jon utters in his bruting, deep voice.

“A million, give or take,” Tyrion replies.

“That’s more people in the North, crammed into that,” Jon says, while looking at the filthy city.

It may seem I’m grasping at straws, but trust me, this is a sign. The Night King’s goal is to wipe out humanity and King’s Landing is the center of humanity in Westeros. It would be highly efficient for the Night King to commit a surprise attack, adding one-million souls to the army of the dead.

The destruction of King’s Landing by the Night King would be a shock to most “Game of Thrones” viewers. I doubt this is how Cersei would meet her death, but it would be a good way to kill off Euron Greyjoy and the Golden Company. Greyjoy and the Golden Company complicate the story in an unnecessary way.

As we wait to watch the next episode this Sunday, I’d advise everyone in Westeros, no matter how isolated or how South they are, to keep in mind one thing — Winter is Here.