By: Samantha Drysdale

Dun dun da da dun dun da da dun dun da da dUN DUN.

Unless you haven’t been around human civilization in the past week — or the past eight years — you’ve probably been asked, “Do you watch Game of Thrones?”

Following Sunday’s release of the first new episode to be seen in nearly two years, people of all walks of life came together to discuss what they had just witnessed.

The ending credits’ signature “da da dun dun da da,” signaled to fans that the newest memes, character analyses and conspiracy theories were about to hit watch parties and Reddit threads alike.

Of course some of the classic predictions came up: Jon is going to die! Dany is going to become the evil villain she has been trying to fight this whole time. Wait… Bran is the Night King??? Will all of these come true? Maybe, I don’t know — I don’t care.

All I care about is the One True Conspiracy Theory: the return of Khal Drogo. My trademark on this theory is pending.

This idea hit me when I was listening to a podcast on the subway one day in the stretch of time between Season 7 and Season 8. I was half listening to a myth and mythology podcast when a word jumped out at me, “Draugr.”

Over the screeching of the T, “Draugr” sounded remarkably like “Drogo.” Now paying attention to the podcast, I learned that a draugr is a creature from Norse mythology that isn’t at peace in death, so they come back to life.

George R. R. Martin has been known to draw on Norse mythology, particularly in his adaptation of Ragnarok, or the “Great Winter.” A winter that lasts the span of three normal winters, the beginning of the apocalypse… sound familiar?

Anyway, I don’t know for sure if Drogo’s character was adapted from this particular creature, the draugr, but it got me thinking about the fate of our beloved Khal.

Back in the first season, Drogo suffered from a wound that eventually became infected and threatened his life. Daenerys sought out the help of a woman who claimed to have powers with blood magic. When she begged for her husband’s life, Daenerys didn’t realize that she would trade a life for a life: Drogo’s sustained existence at the cost of their unborn child.

Though Drogo’s heart continued to beat, he was reduced to a shell of what he once had been, and Daenerys begs the woman who cast the blood magic to bring her husband back.

She returned the plea with the now iconic lines, “When the sun rises in the west and sets in the east. When the seas go dry and mountains blow in the wind like leaves. When your womb quickens again, and you bear a living child. Then he will return, and not before.”

While everyone assumed she was just listing impossibilities, what if she was prophesying the conditions in which Khal Drogo would return?

“When the sun rises in the west and sets in the east.”

In Season 2, a Red Comet appears in the sky over Westeros (the West) and Easteros (to the East.) One of the characters, Osha, says that this is a symbol that there are dragons in the world again. “Stars don’t fall for men. But the comet means one thing, boy. Dragons.”

So the star falls from west to east… caused by Daenerys…

“When the seas go dry.”

This could mean a number of things. It could be the sea frosting over when the Army of the Dead comes. It could also mean the Great Grass Sea in Essos drying up, something that Martin hints at in his last book.

“And the mountains blow in the wind like leaves.”

The character, The Mountain, has already been resurrected once, but when he meets his final end, it could fulfill the final part of the prophecy. This could also refer to the Great Pyramids in Meereen, which had been destroyed by dragons.

“When your womb quickens again, and you bear a living child.”

Throughout the series, particularly in the last season, it seems that all anyone wants to talk about is that Daenerys can’t have children. Then Season 7 ends with a steamy sex scene between her and Jon Snow.

This fulfills the prophecy. Oh, and Jason Momoa was seen on set while the show was filming Season 8.

Through all the weird predictions, I would like to think this is just more than wishful thinking. Sure, his resurrection would cause all sorts of problems. But if we get Jason Momoa back, Game of Thrones fans — bow down to this superior conspiracy theory.

If anything, this theory alone deserves the Iron Throne.