By Karla Leon

Valentine’s Day has passed, but the memes are still here. There’s nothing like a good ol’ laugh to make you forget about one of the most capitalist holidays in America.

Yesterday, some spent time with their significant others, and some spent time with their friends. Some, however, preferred to find solace in the laughter and relatability of memes.

Meme away, folks! These days, you may just find your one true love by retweeting the same meme.

break up with your girlfriend, i’m bored

Ariana is all the talk once again. The hit song “break up with your girlfriend, i’m bored” from her new album “thank u, next” got the twittersphere talking.

Some girls have taken to twitter to threaten anyone who texts their boyfriend, “break up with your girlfriend, i’m bored,” while others have been using the phrase to caption iconic film scenes.

One Twitter user compared “break up with your girlfriend, i’m bored” to Avril Lavigne’s “Girlfriend,” but for a new generation. Growing up with Avril’s iconic hit and now jamming to Ari’s makes me consider how music changes through generations but messages stay the same. Just like songs, memes will change, but there will always be people to remember them.

Today’s tea

I’m frankly surprised that the “today’s tea” meme has only just surfaced. Although the meme itself is new to Twitter, one thing’s for sure — the tea has been served long before February came around.

Choking Sasuke

Yes, Naruto Shippuden ended a couple years ago, but its legacy lives on … through memes. Almost anything can be juxtaposed next to a choking Sasuke and, voila, a masterpiece.

Whoever started this meme did Sasuke dirty. However, fans and non-fans alike will enjoy this simple, yet tasteful, meme that has taken over Twitter.

The Grammys

The Grammys came and went, but thankfully they left us with not only amazing performances but remarkable memes. Cardi B may have won best rap album of the year, but she also has a stake in best Grammys meme of the year, as well. That is, if BTS — the infamous K-pop group — doesn’t steal it.

Who Gon Check Me Boo

This lovely meme originated from an episode of “The Real Housewives of Atlanta,” featuring Sheree Whitfield in an argument with her party planner. The sass is there. The diva pops out. The attitude is dangerous.

However, Ms. Sheree, sorry to put it to you, but there’s always someone who gon’ check you. Just take a look at these memes as they go document the history of all those who once got checked.