By Lori Mouradian
As college students, we’re busy with studying for finals, going to the gym and spending time with friends — we aren’t even realizing how fast the semester is flying by. I can’t believe it’s already December. It’s the gift-giving and receiving holiday season! I know it seems far away, but there’s only a couple of weeks left.
So if you don’t know what to get your friends for the holidays, here are a few trendy products to try:
- Polaroid camera: Taking pictures has become our generation’s “thing” because of apps like Instagram, VSCO and more. For your artsier, aesthetic-driven friends, try a Polaroid camera. They’re sold at stores like Urban Outfitters, or more authentic options can be found at vintage stores or Amazon. They produce immediate pictures you can keep in your wallet, or even your pocket, that you’ll have for life. Plus, let’s be honest, they look cool on your Instagram feed.
- Adidas… anything: Personally, I don’t think you can go wrong with Adidas merchandise. You can buy your friend Adidas leggings for the gym or even Adidas slides to wear around the house over break. Even Adidas fanny packs are cool, so definitely keep their merch as an option.
- Portable charger: The best thing you could get anyone is a portable charger, honestly. It’s probably one of the most useful items they will own in today’s world. My phone always dies during the day, and it would be nice if one of my friends could buy me one for Christmas to show their love for me *cough cough.*
- Fenty Fairy Bomb Glittering Pom Pom: Rihanna is queen, and everything she does is perfect, and this Fenty body makeup is no different. The product literally makes your skin sparkle, who wouldn’t want that? If your friend loves makeup and taking risks, totally put this in your cart.
- Concert tickets: Recently I bought my best friend and I tickets to Travis Scott, and he was so happy that he cried. Don’t tell him I told you that. There was nothing better than seeing my friend so excited to see their favorite artist. If your friend loves a musician on tour right now, buy them tickets! You don’t need front row seats, balcony is fine. As long as you’re together.
- “What Do You Meme?” game: I was at Urban Outfitters recently where I saw this game called “What Do You Meme” — which I found hilarious. It would be fun for any party you’re having or even a small get-together with your close friends. Our generation loves memes, and now you get to sit around and play card games involving them — seems like an awesome gift to get a friend.