By Lori Mouradian

The ‘90s is my favorite decade, and it should be yours too. I mean, what’s not to like? There was “Space Jam,” Destiny’s Child, Britney Spears and Justin Timberlake’s relationship, and, of course, Yo-yos.

But most importantly, my favorite part of the ‘90s was the fashion. Are you really surprised? I know there is this big debate if ‘90s fashion was good or absolute trash. But let me tell you why the ‘90s was iconic for its fashion.

• Crop tops: I know many girls think crop tops have become popular in the last five years, but crop tops were actually really big in the ‘90s. No one can style a crop top better than Kelly Kapowski from “Saved by the Bell.”

• Butterfly hair clips: Butterfly clips were the backbone of every updo look in the ‘90s, and you can’t act like you wouldn’t want to wear them today.

• Fanny packs: I am aware that fanny packs have made a comeback in people’s music festival Instagram posts, but in the ‘90s, it was typical to walk around with a fanny pack day to day. I personally am so happy that they have made a comeback and hope they’ll spread further into everyday use — nowhere else I would want to put my Fenty Beauty lipstick.

• Neon windbreakers, neon anything, really: I am told that the brighter the windbreaker, the better. You would definitely be an icon if you were rocking a neon windbreaker on your way to the GSU in the ‘90s.

• Tommy Hilfiger: If you didn’t want to look like Aaliyah, then what are you doing? Tommy Hilfiger was and still is everything. From their crop tops to their oversized jackets, I still want it all.

• Plaid: If you want to channel your inner Rachel Green or Cher Horowitz, try wearing a plaid skirt or some plaid tight pants once in a while. It’s edgy and chic and something unique — rhyme not intended.

• Mood rings: Even though it’s the last, it definitely isn’t the least. Mood rings are actually so amusing, and even though they never worked and looked a little dumb, it would have been worth it to use the excuse, “I’m not in the mood right now, see the ring!” Maybe it’s time for them to make a comeback as well.

I hope I have changed your mind a bit on the true gem that was fashion in the ‘90s. And yes, I was born in 1999, but it still counts!