By Michal Shvimer

Witchy artists have been in the music scene for decades without us ever casting them as such, no pun intended.

Now that we are in the midst of spooky season, it is important that the music you’re listening to honors the energy of this season. Without further ado, here are some of the witchiest artists, from the original witches to contemporary sorceresses:

Stevie Nicks of Fleetwood Mac

Stevie Nicks, the lead singer of British-American rock band Fleetwood Mac, was witchy since the beginning of her career. It took until Season 3 of “American Horror Story,” titled “Coven,” for the public to recognize Stevie Nicks as who she really is, the original witch of the music industry. Her guest appearance and performance in “Coven” enchanted us all. But her witchiness was ahead of the times. Her musicality set the stage for many more witchy artists to come.

Some of her witchiest songs to listen to this Halloween season are: “Rhiannon,” “Seven Wonders” and “Edge of Seventeen.”

Cher

From her incomparably powerful voice to her apparent vitality, Cher has been a witchy artist since her early beginnings as a duo with ex-husband Sonny Bono. But, her solo career really propelled her into her mesmerizing music persona. In any of Cher’s iconic eras from her days with sleek, black hair to her more recent bouncy, blonde curls, she has embodied the ever-charming artist by whom we are perpetually bewitched.

Some of her witchiest songs to listen to this Halloween season are: her cover of Nancy Sinatra’s “Bang Bang,” “Strong Enough” and “Dov’è L’amore.”

Lorde

This one speaks for herself. She is arguably the witchiest artist of our time. From her ethereal dance moves, melodramatic lyricism and her reputation as the “Queen of Darkness,” Lorde can be described as the witchy icon of the 21st century.

Some of her witchiest songs to listen to this Halloween season are: “The Louvre,” “White Teeth Teens,” and “Writer in the Dark.”

Florence Welch of Florence and the Machine

The lead singer of British indie rock band Florence and the Machine has been providing eerie vocals for the band since its formation in 2007. A fall playlist is arguably incomplete without a Florence and the Machine classic. It is impossible to choose a mere few songs to suggest, but you can’t go wrong with any of them.

Some of her witchiest songs to listen to this Halloween season are: “Shake It Out,” “Ship to Wreck” and “You’ve Got the Love.”

Solange

Solange has made quite the impact with her siren-like vocals. Her newest album, “A Seat at the Table,” got more recognition than her earlier albums. I think a big component of that was her combination of sharp words with soothing tones. Get you a witch who can do both.

Some of her witchiest songs to listen to this Halloween season are: “Don’t Touch My Hair,” “Cranes in the Sky” and “Weary.”

Janelle Monáe

Janelle Monáe made her witchy debut with her latest album “Dirty Computer.” Part of what makes her one of the most underrated but powerful witches of her time is her unapologetic celebration of women. Her alluring voice helps the execution of this celebration — it’s enchanting with every listen. I believe we can expect a lot more witchy content from Janelle Monáe in the future.

Some of her witchiest songs to listen to this Halloween season are: “Pynk,” “Screwed” and “Make Me Feel.”