By Anju Miura

Yes. Eminem is back.

My childhood cannot be summed up without referring to the “Rap God,” Eminem.

I still remember, as a girl of 8 years of age, I was deeply absorbed in listening to his fifth album “Encore.”

After his recent album, “Revival,” agitated the public on social media, Eminem dropped a surprise album “Kamikaze” last month, stating, “Last year didn’t work out so well for me” at the top of the title track.

Not only its release, but the lyrics as well, are full of surprises illustrating his madness.

Here are the songs that may generate controversy and why:

1. The Ringer

Eminem has a lot to say about current rappers, making sarcastic remarks about SoundCloud and mumble rappers such as Lil Yachty, Lil Xan and Lil Pump. It includes lyrics such as, “I heard your mumblin’ but it’s jumbled in mumbo-jumbo.”

The song voiced regret about the 2017 BET Hip Hop Awards freestyle rap addressed to Donald Trump, which resulted in losing many conservative fans. Eminem realized this blunder has contributed to the insufficient sales of his last album, whining that “That line in the sand, was it even worth it? / ‘Cause the way I see people turning’s / Makin’ it seem worthless.”

Em, however, does not hide his hostility toward the president as he raps “Agent Orange just sent the Secret Service / To meet in person to see if I really think of hurtin’ him.”

2. Greatest

The lyrics of Greatest remind Eminem’s fans of Ja Rule’s ruthlessness toward him in the early 2000s — something he can never forget.

The feud between Eminem and Ja Rule started when Ja Rule released “Loose Change” in which he knocked Eminem’s mother, wife and his daughter Hailie, rapping, “Em ya claim ya mother’s a crackhead / And Kim is a known slut / So what’s Hailie gon’ be when she grows up?”

On Twitter, Ja Rule responded the diss, “Guess that Halie line must be starting to hit home… ”

3. Not Alike

Em ridicules one of the greatest hits of rap group Migos, “Bad and Boujee,” rephrasing its common lyric “raindrop” as “brain dead.” Rapping, “Brain dead, eye drops / Pain meds, cyclops.”

Eminem also mentions Machine Gun Kelly who tweeted in 2012 about Eminem’s then-underage daughter Hailie, stating that she was “hot as f—.” As soon as the album came out, MGK released a response song “Rap Devil” in which he says Eminem has kept nagging about it for six years.

Nevertheless, when MGK recently appeared on the radio show, The Breakfast Club, he explained that he had apologized to Eminem about his previous comment.

4. Fall

One of his acolytes, Tyler, the Creator, is a target in this song including incredibly offensive and controversial lyrics.

Following Tyler, the Creator’s album “Flower Boy” which was considered to be his coming out medium as gay, Eminem raps “Tyler create nothin’, I see why you called yourself a f—–, b—-.”

Throughout his rap career, Eminem tends to express his homophobic perspective in his songs, for example, “Rap God,” released in 2013, has been criticized for its lyric including similar, discriminatory words.

Although all of Eminem’s fans agree about his impressive technical skills in the new album, some lyrics are beyond controversial and offensive to many people.

As the name of the album “Kamikaze” comes from Japanese military aviators who initiated suicide attacks, Eminem seems to be attempting to crash his dilemma into the listeners and society. Even he himself knows it will damage his reputation, like the real Slim Shady sings, “‘Cause we need a little controversy.”