The best part about Boston is the food. Whatever cuisine you desire, there are endless options and places to choose from, but the best meal of the day — and the most important — is breakfast. I’m here to be your guide to the best breakfast in Boston. This series is all about everything you could want out of a fun breakfast in our city, whether it’s live music, affordable comfort food, decadent French toast or a unique spot to try.

L.A. Burdick Handmade Chocolates is currently my favorite on the list of “Breakfast at Ali’s” spots. This place has everything you could ever want out of a cafe.  If you want to feel like you are instantly transported to Paris for a morning full of pastries, tea and decadent hot chocolate, then you are in the right spot.

As soon as you walk in, you are greeted with a friendly smile and a beautiful rustic atmosphere. The restaurant looks straight out of a movie, and the wood detailing and chandeliers are beautiful. The lighting is perfect and vibrant, and as soon as you walk up to the counter you know whatever you order will be delicious.

The cafe is currently decorated for Easter, and has some of the cutest chocolate bunnies ever. But, the real star of the show is the canelés. Featured in the photograph, this classic French dessert — traditionally cooked in molds coated with beeswax — is a dense cake that will satisfy every taste bud. Not only is this delicious, but these pastries are hard to come by in Boston, especially if you want a good one. The chocolate is to die for, but don’t miss out on the best dessert I’ve ever had.

The hot chocolate has to be the most incredible in Boston. It’s served with steamed milk for an extra rich flavor and lacks nothing. The milk chocolate is my personal favorite, but they also have single origin hot chocolate that has a really bold mix of flavors. No matter what you order, it has to be good. The cups are also so cute, so if you need a good Instagram post, this is where to go.

For a wonderful experience and a break from the hustle and bustle of school, head over to L.A. Burdick.