1. Explore a new city

Even if you don’t have a car, you can go explore a new city in Massachusetts off of the commuter rail in cities and towns like:

• Rockport
    • This coastal town is a tourist attraction with gorgeous sights, including the twin lighthouses that inspired painter Winslow Homer. If you’re looking to try out some authentic New England seafood, Rockport has an array of different restaurants you can try within a reasonable price range. Before dinner, you can enjoy a nice stroll by the ocean and visit the 97-year-old Rockport Art Association and Museum.
  1. Visit a new Museum

You’ve probably already been to at least a few Boston museums during your time at BU, but over spring break, you can travel to a few outside of the city.

• The Hall at Patriot Place in Foxboro
    • The Kraft family and Raytheon have created an interactive museum about the history of the Patriots. The museum has exhibits such as “In the Moment,” which displays 21 game balls, AFC Championship Trophies and even go under a hood where you can make calls in an actual NFL field review station! While you’re at Patriot Place, there are plenty of delicious restaurants, and maybe you’ll even spot a Patriot player while you’re there!
  1. Try a new activity

Who ever said staying in Massachusetts can’t be an adventure? Right by the commuter rail in Reading sits Jordan’s Furniture. I know, sounds boring, right? But this place is so much more than a furniture store. This store has an IMAX movie theater, a couple restaurants, Richardson’s Ice Cream and Beanstalk!

• Beanstalk in Reading
    • Beanstalk is an adventure ropes course, and definitely makes the trip up to Reading worth it. This multilevel ropes course has a zip line, zig-zag beams and many more exciting twists and turns along the way. It only costs seven dollars for a run on this ropes course, but if you can get 10 of your friends together, you will qualify for a group discount on all this fun.
  1. Go see some cute animals!

You can usually spot a couple of dogs walking up and down Comm. Ave., and a couple more on Bay State Road. But, if you want to see more than just a couple dogs, you should visit the Franklin Park Zoo!

• The Franklin Park Zoo in Boston
    • The zoo is open year round, but not all of the animals are on display. Still, you can see the tropical animals like the pygmy hippos, lemurs, ocelots, the farm animals and lots of others like lions, tigers, bears and zebras. You even can feed and pet the farm animals! Plus, if it’s a warm day, more animals, like the kangaroos, might make an appearance.
  1. Catch the last few days of winter!

While its been warm for the past few days, with New England weather, that doesn’t mean that it won’t get cold again really soon. So why not take advantage of the last few cold days and have a winter adventure?

• Ski Ward: Ski Area in Shrewsbury
    • This snowy mountain is only a 10 minute drive from the commuter rail, so you can tube, ski and snowboard all through spring break, and prove that Punxsutawney Phil was right about there being six more weeks of winter.