The best part about Boston is the food. Whatever cuisine you desire, there are endless options and places to choose from, but the best meal of the day — and the most important — is breakfast. I’m here to be your guide to the best breakfast in Boston. This series is all about everything you could want out of a fun breakfast in our city, whether it’s live music, affordable comfort food, decadent French toast or a unique spot to try.

Of the neighborhoods that I rarely venture to in Boston, the South End has to be at the top of the list. The South End Buttery is right behind the Back Bay area we all know so well, and is full of character. The menu is unique, and around Valentine’s Day they offer quirky cookies with a variety of fun sayings on them like “Be Mine.” Located close to the Beehive, there’s no lack of brunch restaurants in the area, and afterwards you can explore the beautiful old buildings and quaint streets of the South End.

The sit-down restaurant is what I will be reviewing, but the cafe is also great for a quick bite in a relaxed atmosphere. The brioche french toast with toasted almonds and strawberries is absolutely amazing. This is a great take on my favorite brunch item on any menu, and it does not disappoint. To make this meal truly perfect, add some home fries for a wonderful sweet-and-savory experience.

The beautiful exposed brick, the friendly staff and the people you are dining with all contribute to the perfect place to spend a Sunday afternoon stuffing your face and avoiding the week ahead of you. The brunch menu also has something for everyone, so be sure to bring as many people as you want with you, because it is very easygoing. From salads to burgers, the South End Buttery has everything you could ever want for the most important meal of the day.

If your family ever comes to visit, you can recommend the South End Buttery to impress your mom. Be sure to show her why you just can’t resist spending so much money on the incredible brunch spots Boston has to offer.