“Bang, bang. My baby shot me down.” This week on Noe’s Choice, we pit original against sequel with “Kill Bill” Vol. 1 and 2. Although there has been many an allegation against Quentin Tarantino, Noe believes that in order to appreciate the craft of film, we should put those aside and analyze the films in their entirety.

Vol. 1:

Noe loved:

The originality. One thing Q.T. does well in most of his films is his refreshing style and the details he puts into whatever plot or theme he’s working on. He never focuses on one aspect, but instead is able to beautifully blend culture. He definitely does this in “Kill Bill: Vol. 1,” with the the central characters all some blend of classic Western cowboys and Japanese samurai, with a hint of “Charlie’s Angels” as well. Film-wise, he also experiments with pans and even delves into the world of anime cartoons for certain parts.

Each character presented is also so unique that there really is no need for development. Watching the film, I am completely satisfied with the role they play — from Kiddo’s vendetta-seeking fury to Bill’s nonchalant rage, there are definitely no stereotypes in this house! One extremely specific aspect that intrigues me each time is the costume design: It’s fun yet badass, and I could definitely tell that the iconic Beatrix yellow suit was a popular costume for many years.

Noe hated:

At times, I felt that there was too much suspense added in scenes that were uncalled for. This can mainly be attributed to the film’s dialogue, as Q.T. has a tendency to get wordy when there’s pressure from the audience to nail a fight scene. Despite this, I am always on the edge of my seat to see who is about to die.

Vol. 2:

Noe loved:

The plot twists. And, boy, were there a ton of those. Going into “Vol. 2,” there was an audience expectancy to fulfill holes of “Vol. 1’s” plot. Questions were definitely answered, but in ways that had me externally exclaiming at every turn. Plus, it delves into Kiddo’s background and relationship with Bill a little more, which is extremely important to understand the who, what and why of the series in general.

Noe hated:

Compared to “Vol. 1,” I felt like there was a lack of the insanely brilliant themes that make Tarantino films so memorable. Yes, it focused more on the vengeance and less on the details of the film. Those details, however, are what drew people to the first film. At parts of “Vol. 2,” you sort of wondered if this was a completely different director with a different vision.

Noe’s Choice:

“Vol. 1.” This film still leaves me in awe of the talent that had to go into its creation. Every aspect — acting, costumes, props, editing, you name it — was flawless, and makes me wish I could pull off a suit as fly as Beatrix’s. If you haven’t watched either of the volumes, I suggest you do before the ghost of the Black Mamba comes for you.