The best part about Boston is the food. There are endless options and places to choose from in whatever cuisine you desire, but the best meal of the day — and the most important — is breakfast. I’m here to be your guide to getting the best breakfast in Boston. This series is all about everything you could want out of a fun breakfast in our city, from live music, affordable comfort food, decadent French toast or a unique spot to try.

Area Four is known for being a phenomenal pizza restaurant, but many people don’t know about their inventive brunch. Both the Kendall Square location in Cambridge and the South End location in Boston have a brunch menu to satisfy any craving. However, the menus do have variations at each location, just for extra variety. When I went to the South End location, I was blown away by the delicious food and the trendy atmosphere that could make anyone feel hip.

My personal favorite on the menu at the South End location was the “Low Country Mess.” This was the perfect spin on shrimp and grits, but the menu does not stop there. There’s a variety of pizza to choose from, and I’m told the “Carnivore” delivers on being a perfect blend of lunch and breakfast when you bite into this bacon-topped feast. There’s something for everyone from new creations to old classics.

Area Four in Kendall Square has a similar menu to the South End location, but the “Baked French Toast” may be a reason I venture over to try their other spot for brunch. Both locations are a fun place to sit for a while, whether you wanted to be surrounded by MIT students or the more posh South Enders, there’s an atmosphere for everyone to enjoy an awesome meal in.

No matter what you’re looking for in your brunch, Area Four delivers. Next time you feel like being inventive with the most important meal of the day, stop in at either location.