Galentine’s Day, what’s that?

“Oh, it’s only the best day of the year. Every February 13th, my lady friends and I leave our husbands and our boyfriends at home, and we just come and kick it, breakfast-style. Ladies celebrating ladies. It’s like Lilith Fair, minus the angst. Plus frittatas.” — Leslie Knope, “Parks and Recreation”

In recent years, celebrating Galentine’s Day on Feb. 13 has been gaining popularity. The holiday, which hails from the TV show “Parks and Rec,” was created by Leslie Knope to celebrate friendships between women. Not everyone can be lucky enough to celebrate in Pawnee at J.J.’s Diner over waffles while exchanging mosaic portraits and poems to their best girlfriends, so here are some ideas for you to celebrate all of your “poetic noble land mermaids” in Boston:

1. Breakfast feast!

The Allston Diner would be the perfect local fill-in for J.J.’s Diner. This cozy restaurant has delicious waffles that even Leslie Knope would love to share with her best gal pals. Invite all of your best girlfriends here for the ideal Galentine’s Day celebration. 

via GIPHY

2. Galentine’s Day cards

Not sure how to tell your girls just how much you love and appreciate them? Use some of Leslie Knope’s perfect compliments to Ann! Whether you want to write the lines in some store bought cards, or illustrate some of these hilarious loving compliments, you’ll be able to find the perfect compliment for every “beautiful rule-breaking moth” in your life.

via GIPHY

3. Spa Day

Self-care and loving your friends is the core purpose of Galentine’s Day. Face masks and mani-pedis are a great way to relax after a long day of classes and to help transform all of your lady friends into “beautiful, glowing sun goddesses.” So invite all of your gals over to your dorm and to take it up a notch you can even watch some “Parks and Rec!”

via GIPHY

4. “Treat yo self” and your ladies

Make Donna Meagle and Tom Haverford proud, and indulge in your and your best lady friends’ favorite treats. Whether it’s some cheesecake, some red carpet-lined shoes or even a Batman suit all of your gals will be thanking you for treating yo self and everyone else with the perfect presents.

via GIPHY

5. BFF movie marathon

Gather up all of your “beautiful, talented, brilliant, powerful musk oxen” and have a movie marathon celebrating all of the best loving lady friends in Hollywood. Whether it’s a modern age classic about high school cliques like “Mean Girls,” a team of old best friends meeting up for a wild vacation like “Girls Trip,” or just a group of moms letting off some steam like “Bad Moms,” make sure your ladies are empowering and that they pass the Bechdel Test.  

via GIPHY

Whatever you decide to do to celebrate Galentine’s Day, make sure it’s intersectional. You’ve got to love all of your ladies!