It’s almost spring break, and for many that means going on some road trips to see some friends in other parts of the country, or even the world. Here are the highlights from my on-the-road playlist:

To get you warmed up:

“What I Want” by The Band CAMINO

There’s just something about the guitar line at the beginning that gets you going.         

“Lisztomania” by Phoenix

This French pop band is bound to bring you good vibes.

“Sweet Home Alabama” by Lynyrd Skynyrd

For when everyone wakes up and you’re all ready for a sing-along.

“Smoke” by Luke Levenson ft. Abbey Smith

This is a feel-good acoustic song perfect for getting focused on where you’re going.

“Road Trippin’” by Red Hot Chili Peppers

I hope everyone in your car can harmonize…

For when the windows are down and the breeze is in your hair:

“Island in the Sun” by Weezer

For this song, it is essential to have the windows down with your arm out the window pretending it’s a wave in the ocean.

“Rude Girl” by Tribal Seeds

This song brings me back to this summer when I was in the Cayman Islands with my entire family on a double decker boat, and someone gave my oldest brother the aux cord. This song will absolutely put you in a happy mood, wishing and hoping that summer was closer than four months away.

“Semi-Charmed Life” by Third Eye Blind

Do I really have to a give a reason for why this is a must? Yes? OK, even if you don’t know all of the words, you’ll be singing the “doo doo doos” for the rest of the car ride.

“One Love” by Bob Marley & the Wailers

Another feel-good classic that reminds me of sitting in the back seat with my two older brothers on the way to the beach.

“Send Me On My Way” by Rusted Root

This is the kind of song that makes you feel like frolicking in a field grass. Your co-pilots and passengers are bound to be doing some goofy dance moves to this.

“Bad Things” by Milky Chance

This song is so great that it actually makes me cry every single time I listen to it.

For the backroads:

“Berenstein” by The Band CAMINO

The smooth vocals, mystical and airy guitar licks and reference to the Mandela Effect are bound to make time fly.

“Take Me Home, Country Roads” by Toots & The Maytals

This song will always remind of being a little kid in the back of my parents’ car on a road trip to the beach. Its mysteriously upbeat and soothing qualities will get you through those extra miles down the backroads.

“Brown Eyed Girl” by Van Morrison

“You, my brown-eyed girl” has to be the most iconic and nostalgic lyric to serenade the car with.

“Take It Easy” by the Eagles

When my high school best friend first got her license, we would drive around town in her dad’s pickup truck and listen to the only two CDs in the car: “Eagles” by the Eagles and “x” by Ed Sheeran. This quickly became a road trip necessity.

“Wagon Wheel” by Darius Rucker

This is by far one of my favorite road trip songs. Its bluegrass twang is bound to put you in a happy mood.

Wherever the road may take you, happy listening and safe travels!

Playlist link: https://open.spotify.com/user/1233821517/playlist/35PEDQuOFiMOtYcjDbkzWz?si=XDt4tt4lQJuQfvS2HlBr4Q