Whether you’ve spent all night studying, or didn’t even get out of bed until 3 p.m., there will come a time when you find yourself hungry after midnight. Boston gets a bad rap for closing early and being quiet compared to other big cities in the U.S. But despite this reputation, there are actually quite a few great spots to grab some late night grub from a variety of cuisines around the city. Here are the best restaurants to visit while pulling an all-nighter this semester:

Chinese dumplings and buns:

Dumpling Kingdom

Allston

This Harvard Avenue spot serves up delicious dumplings, buns, soups and other Chinese specialties until 2 a.m. during the weekend. With both takeout and delivery available, Dumpling Kingdom is an extremely convenient option. Give any of their steamed dumplings or buns a try and you won’t be disappointed. Their sister restaurant in Chinatown, Dumpling Palace, is open until 3 a.m.

Tacos:

Beantown Taqueria

Cambridge

If you’re looking for delicious tacos that are available on weekends until 4 a.m., then Beantown Taqueria is your spot. The MIT-area shop serves up deliciously simple and authentic tacos, tostadas and enchiladas. They also offer a wide variety of Tex-Mex in the form of burritos, fajitas, quesadillas and nachos. No matter what you order, Beantown Taqueria delivers big on flavor. They also deliver through Grubhub.

Burgers:

Tasty Burger

Multiple Locations

With multiple locations across the area, including Fenway, Back Bay, Harvard Square and Southie locations, Tasty Burger is sure to satisfy your burger craving at any hour of the night. The Fenway location is open until 2 a.m. nightly and the Harvard location is open until 4 a.m. Thursday through Saturday. Tasty Burger keeps it simple with a menu of burgers, hot dogs, fries and shakes. Be sure to check out their meal deals and sacks of burgers if you’re with a group. They also happen to sell Cheerwine, a popular soda mainly in the South that tends to be hard to find up here in Boston. Head over to Tasty Burger to give it a try if you haven’t yet.

Breakfast Food:

South Street Diner

Downtown Boston

Open 24 hours a day, seven days a week, the South Street Diner is a bit of a legend when it comes to late night restaurants in Boston. They serve up a classic diner menu, including breakfast around the clock, burgers, fries and shakes. No matter what time you go, you’re guaranteed to have some good food and a great time. This is definitely a must-visit late night spot.

Italian:

Bova’s Bakery

North End

Bova’s Bakery has been serving up delicious Italian baked goods in the North End since 1926. Open 24 hours a day, seven days a week, Bova’s serves delicious Italian cookies, pastries, subs, calzones and pizzas. Although it may be a little far from BU, it’s well worth the trip, and if you find yourself in the area, you’d be making a mistake to not stop by. I’d recommend the elephant ears or the sfogliatelle.