There are plenty of relaxing things to do right here on Comm. Ave. this week. PHOTO BY VIOLET GIDDINGS/ DAILY FREE PRESS STAFF

We’re entering the last couple of weeks of the semester and you know what that means… finals. It’s a stressful period, one I’d rather fast forward through and get to winter break. However, in my “just make it to break” mentality, fun and social activities have taken a backseat. I think there should be a balance between work and play, so I’ve compiled a list of fun activities and events for when you’re in need of a study break:

1. Therapy Dogs at Hillel

This is taking place Dec. 12 from 4 to 6 p.m. at 213 Bay State Road. You can go to Hillel and just chill with dogs for a couple of hours. If you’re missing your dog from home, or just love hanging out with dogs in general, then this is for you. Is there anything better to do? You tell me.

1. Tea Time at the Howard Thurman Center

Take it from me, a freshly-brewed hot cup of tea makes any moment about 20 times more relaxing. On Dec. 12, the Howard Thurman Center is hosting its weekly Tea Time from 3:30-5 p.m. in the GSU basement. The topic this week is Christmas and Kwanzaa, so you can probably expect some festive drinks. If you’re constantly holed up in your dorm or a chair in Mugar and want to socialize, then this is for you.

1. BU Jazz Fest

Continuing on the theme of relaxing things: jazz music. I listen to jazz music on rainy Saturday afternoons, and just watch the world go by while looking out my window. If I can replicate that calm mood in the days leading up to finals week, it’ll make the rest of my week a whole lot better. If you, too, are looking to replicate that calm mood, you can head on over to BU Central in the basement of the GSU, where jazz ensembles are putting on a show Dec. 12 from 7-10 p.m.

1. BU Arts Initiative Study Break

On Dec. 13 from 1-4 p.m., the BU Arts Initiative will be hosting a literal study break in room 201 in the GSU. There will be free Insomnia Cookies, Chipotle and hot chocolate. If that isn’t enough to convince you, there’s also arts and crafts activities. Free food and coloring — what more could you want from a study break?