Then-president Barack Obama visits the “Hamilton” set. PHOTO COURTESY WIKIMEDIA COMMONS

No. The answer to that absurd question is no. Lin-Manuel Miranda’s Broadway blockbuster is  still very much alive.

It’s been more than two years since I first heard the soundtrack to the musical, and to this day, you can still catch me strolling down Commonwealth Avenue blasting “Satisfied.” But what about the soundtrack makes it so timeless? Here are seven reasons why “Hamilton” is here to stay for good.

1)    It’s a history lesson. Like “Hamilton,” history isn’t going anywhere. The soundtrack gives listeners a dose of history in an original way that keeps them engaged. Covering the Revolutionary War all the way through the conception of the Constitution, the “Hamilton” soundtrack tells the story of the birth of the United States.

2)    It’s original. Broadway musicals tend to follow the same model for the structure of their musical soundtracks. It’s not wrong to stick to the basics, but the beauty in the “Hamilton” soundtrack is how Miranda does something new and interesting. “Hamilton” revolutionized the sound of a typical Broadway musical soundtrack by bringing in elements of hip-hop, rock, swing and R&B into play.

3)    It’s full of good music. “Hamilton” is not just a good project as a whole, but the individual songs that make the soundtrack stand on their own as well. From “Non-Stop” to “Take a Break,” the soundtrack is full of hits.

4)    It tells a great story. Sure, it’s just an in-depth look at Alexander Hamilton’s life and rise to power, but we learn so much more about the orphan-turned-war-hero-turned-politician. Miranda is genius with character development as throughout the soundtrack, we hear similar arrangements, but they differ drastically in the story they tell.

5)    It stands alone. The “Hamilton” soundtrack stands alone from the musical and that is one of the main reasons for its popularity. Most people do not have the money or luck to go see “Hamilton” live, but the soundtrack is the next best thing. The music tells the story well enough for listeners to be able to visualize the narrative without the assistance of live action.

6)    It gives women a voice in history. We learn about Schuyler sisters and their impact on American history. Angelica introduces early calls to feminism, and in “Who Lives, Who Dies, Who Tells Your Story,” we learn about all the good Eliza Hamilton did in the world. Hamilton’s story is already undersold, so the significance of these women is almost completely erased from history, but “Hamilton” brings them to life.

7)    It’s relevant. It may be focused on events in the 18th and 19th centuries, but Miranda still ties in issues that are still relevant today. John Laurens is a voice against racial inequality while Marquis de Lafayette stresses the importance of immigrants in the new nation. Along with these two characters, the cast of Hamilton is quite diverse with a majority of the actors being Black or Hispanic.

These are just few of the many reasons why years later, the “Hamilton” soundtrack is still a hit. Whether you’re a fan or not, there is something to be said about the importance of “Hamilton” in modern culture.