Nothing compares to New Jersey bagels. (Sorry, New York City.) PHOTO COURTESY PIXABAY

After going home for the week, I couldn’t help but notice that Monmouth County, New Jersey has a lot of great things that make it feel like home in a way that just Boston does not. And while everyone makes fun of Jersey kids for identifying with their county instead of with their town, you’ll understand why after reading this. Here are the greatest parts of Monmouth County, New Jersey that I miss the most when I’m at school:

Rook Coffee: Rook Coffee is the best coffee in the entire world. If you haven’t seen the iconic bird stickers on every student’s laptop from Monmouth County, you’re missing out. Not only is this coffee strictly pour-over, but the different beans from all over the world make for the best coffee-drinking experience. Rook is so prominent in the area that more cars have Rook stickers than college stickers, and there’s even an annual Rook Run.

Delicious Orchards: I worked at Delicious Orchards for four years, but even if I didn’t work there, it would still be one of my favorite Jersey institutions. The store might not be an orchard in the truest sense of the word, but the de facto farmers’ market is famous for their pies, donuts and fresh produce. Not only is it super cute, but it’s super famous and sells tens of thousands of pies every Thanksgiving.

Terrace Bagels: Nothing can compete with how incredible Jersey bagels are, and Terrace bagels are the best in the area. Their egg bagels are the perfect consistency and the misshapen bagels give it the perfect homemade feel.

Sushi by Kazu: Not everyone loves sushi, but I’ve been going to this family-owned sushi restaurant since I was a little kid and it’s still my favorite restaurant. The freshness of the fish is unmatched anywhere else, and the owners are some of the nicest people my family has ever met.

The shore: While you may have heard some trashy things about the Jersey shore, Monmouth County has some of the most beautiful beaches I’ve ever seen. Sea Girt Beach is a beautiful and calm place to pause for a moment and listen to the waves crash on the shore — something I miss when I’m stressed out at school.

While some of these spots are similar to places around Boston, there’s nothing like going home and enjoying all of the things that remind you of childhood. Boston may be a beautiful city, but sometimes you can’t help but miss all of the awesome things at home.