Since Paris is one of the fashion hubs of the world, Parisians really know their stuff. French models are constantly being featured in fashion magazines like Vogue for their classic yet unique fashion sense. Here are some of the French trends the fashion world has been loving this season that everybody can take some inspiration from when they’re shopping high-end or even thrifting.

1) The Beret: This classic hat can be worn so many different ways to add something special to an ordinary outfit, or if you just need something cute to cover up a bad hair day. Recently, they’ve been seen on every model during the Dior show, but you can find them easily at Forever 21 or H&M. Here’s Elsa Hosk, Victoria’s Secret Angel and avid beret wearer.

???TOKYO???

A post shared by elsa hosk (@hoskelsa) on

2) Menswear as womenswear: We’ve seen this trend up and down the runways each year, because women rock menswear arguably better than men do. From the iconic Saint Laurent pieces, to Jean Paul Gaultier, Chanel and Chloé, it’s quite clear that French fashion houses love designing these pieces for the confident woman, meaning any woman who wants to take a step out of their comfort zone.

3) Maximalism: The minimalism trend is out and maximalism is in, as illustrated through this season’s Gucci obsession. However, the perfect Parisian look is far less detailed, and focused on classic pieces that suit your body shape and look like you’ve made an effort without making one. French models like Camille Rowe and Jeanne Damas really encompass this kind of French staple style. You probably already have all the basics needed to create a look this cool.

These trends can be easily incorporated into your everyday wardrobe to add some Parisian flair and confidence to your style. The classic blue jean, paired with a beret and a smart blazer, can prove to be a chic, trendy and classic outfit. Building a capsule wardrobe of beloved basics is one of the best things you can do for your winter 2018 looks to thrive in the ever-growing world of fashion.