Sometimes after a breakup, all you want to do is cry about the person. I know personally, I’ve sat down with my friends, a box of Oreos, and a sad playlist and just let it all out. But other times you wanna yell, forget it all and be a badass. In my opinion, after a breakup, a little bit of both is needed. This tailored playlist will help take you through your breakup: from crying over your ex to getting over them and feeling invincible.

1. “Amnesia” by 5 Seconds of Summer

This playlist begins with a cheesy, dramatic breakup song by a boy band because let’s be real, those are the best to cry to.

2. “Happier” by Ed Sheeran

Next up is some Ed Sheeran because his voice alone makes me wanna cry from its beauty. Combine it with some tear-jerking lyrics, and the waterworks will surely come.

3. “Jealous” by Labrinth

This song always gives me chills when I listen to it, even before I ever had a real ex-boyfriend. It made me miss the person I once had, which until recently had never even existed. Now, it’s even more real and really gets me in the feels.

4. “Another Love” by Tom Odell

This is another one that gives me the shivers. It has more of an upbeat, haunting tune to it that makes it great for wallowing in your sadness.

5. “How to Save a Life” by The Fray

This is one of those classic breakup songs, so I had to include it on the list.

6. “Breakeven” by The Script

Right after “How to Save a Life,” I put “Breakeven” because the classics have to go back to back. These constitute the grand finale of tears, so let it all out.

7. “FOOLS” by Troye Sivan

This is a song I loved way before I ever even had my first real breakup, but now that I’ve been through one I appreciate it even more. It’s a little more upbeat, so by this song you should be starting to wipe your tears away.   

8. “Again” by Noah Cyrus feat. XXXTENTACION

This song just recently came out, and it has a really great chorus with a huge buildup, so it’s full of emotion. But it’s about your ex feeling regretful about your breakup, so it makes you feel better.

9. “Stitches” by Shawn Mendes

This song is so unbelievably catchy. Also it’s Shawn Mendes, and hearing his voice always automatically puts me in a good mood.  

10. “Irreplaceable” by Beyoncé

This is the ultimate getting over an ex song. Beyoncé always knows how to make me feel invincible and powerful. This iconic breakup anthem is going to give you confidence, because how couldn’t it?

11. “Corazón” by Maluma feat. Nego do Borel

I’m throwing a little reggaeton in there because this song came out right when I went through my breakup and I related to it so hard. Even if you don’t understand Spanish, it’s a really catchy song that will make you wanna salsa.

12. “F**k Apologies.” by JoJo feat. Wiz Khalifa

This song is about being unapologetic to an ex, because sometimes you have nothing to apologize for; it’s all on them. This song is to remind you not to pick up your phone and text your ex a phony apology just to talk to them.

13. “New Rules” by Dua Lipa

Dua Lipa is the ultimate boss lady. In this song she lays out the rules for getting over a breakup, so listen to her advice!

14. “Shout Out to My Ex” by Little Mix

Another cheesy one, but still a really great feel-good song. I love it because it’s about looking at a breakup in terms of how it makes you stronger and a better person, which is a great thing to focus on when getting over someone.

15. “Sorry Not Sorry” by Demi Lovato

And finally, a song that personally makes me feel like I’m the queen of the world. The point of this playlist was to leave you feeling empowered and over your ex, and this song captures that perfectly.