Here are some TED Talks that will definitely motivate you to get some work done. PHOTO COURTESY WIKIMEDIA COMMONS

As we start the seventh week of fall semester, many of us feel like we’re drifting. All that drive we had to be more productive and procrastinate less this year is flickering in the face of midterms and the changing weather. Sometimes, it can be hard to pick ourselves up after a bad week. Sometimes, overthinking leads us down a rabbit hole to full-on confusion about what we are even doing with our lives. If you’re feeling slightly worn out or lacking motivation, here are five TED Talks to spark inspiration to make it to the end of the semester (or at least until Thanksgiving).

1. “Grit: The power of passion and perseverance”

In this short but effective talk, psychologist Angela Lee Duckworth breaks down what truly amounts to success. She sheds light on the misconception that success is predetermined by inherent talent or that there is such a thing as an innate ability to learn. When studying seems pointless, this talk can give you the power to push through.

2. “Everyday leadership”

In a university as large as BU, every one of us has countless interactions with countless people each day. In his talk, public speaker Drew Dudley redefines what it means to “lead” and how these small interactions could be truly meaningful. By taking note of this, we can all realize how we impact those around us more than we think and, consequently, try to value those interactions more.

3. “How to speak so that people want to listen”

It can be discouraging to feel like you are just one small fish in the huge pond that is BU. Learning to make your voice heard is as important a skill as passing any required course. In his captivating talk, communication expert Julian Treasure breaks down why the way we speak matters.

4. “I’m not your inspiration, thank you very much”

This talk by Stella Young, who was a disability activist and comedian, is enlightening in a slightly different way. It turns the light onto you, the viewer, to find inspiration within yourself rather than seek it in the preconceived notions of those around you.

5. “3 things I learned while my plane crashed”

For a quick pick-me-up, listen to this five-minute talk by Ric Elias, a survivor of the plane that crash-landed on the Hudson River in 2009. It can be easy to fall into a tunnel vision outlook on life, where GPAs, resumes and leadership positions seem like the most important goals. This talk will refocus your gaze on what truly matters and hopefully take some weight off your shoulders. Warning: you may want to call your parents after.