Calling all “Bachelor,” fans! At the end of Rachel Lindsay’s season as the Bachelorette, we were all anxiously waiting for the announcement of who the next Bachelor was going to be. Would it be runner-up Peter? How about the cutie Dean? Maybe someone from a past season, like Ben Z.?

It was the latter. “The Bachelor” producers have officially chosen Arie Luyendyk Jr. (Umm, who?!) Arie was the runner-up on Season 8 of “The Bachelorette,” which started airing in May of 2012. A 35-year-old race car driver and real estate agent, Arie is ready to find love again.

Photo via Wikimedia Commons

In case you haven’t heard of Arie Luyendeyk, here are some alternatives for the new Bachelor. Photo via Wikimedia Commons

While we are all ready to watch Arie find love on the next season of “The Bachelor,” there are many other potential bachelors who should have been the bachelor instead of Arie, who many of us barely even know. Here are eight men that could have totally rocked that bachelor title instead of this Arie guy.

Wells Adams
I don’t know about you, but Wells is my favorite contestant ever. His charisma, charm and quirky personality have captured America’s heart. This radio host would have been perfect to watch as the next Bachelor. How could you not want to watch the cutest, funniest man in Bachelor Nation?

Dean Unglert
Oh, Dean. How I hate you and love you at the same time! There is no doubt that he is one of the most handsome young men that has recently appeared on the show, but I wonder if he is truly ready to find love. Then again, he would definitely be a fun Bachelor that everyone has already learned to love.

Eric Bigger
As the third to last man sent home on the last season of “The Bachelorette,” we really got to know about Eric and how committed and fun he can be in a relationship. I honestly would have really enjoyed watching him find love, as he would bring a great energy to the show that past seasons have sort of been lacking.

Peter Kraus
We know him as the handsome, gap-toothed runner-up of Rachel’s season of “The Bachelorette.” Usually, the runner-up of the season before is the next Bachelor, and I was secretly hoping that it would be Peter.

Luke Pell
Does anyone remember when Luke made a heart of roses in an open field for him and JoJo to go to while he professed his love for her? Yeah, how could you forget?! Luke has so much Southern charm that it would be hard not to love his journey as the next Bachelor. Besides, he’s just so dreamy.

Ben Zorn
I really rooted for Ben Z. on Kaitlyn’s season of “The Bachelorette,” and watching him on “Bachelor in Paradise” this past summer made me really like him even more. I would love to watch him find a woman that he could love as much as his dog.

Jared Haibon
I associate Jared with the lovely Ashley I., who has been known to have a huge crush on Jared in the past. While I believe they are just best friends now, I think that bringing back Jared would be awesome. As one of the more sincere and understanding men, he would bring “The Bachelor” to a new level.

Chad Johnson
This one was just for kicks, but even the “villain” of JoJo’s season of “The Bachelorette” could have been a better option as the Bachelor. I know for a fact that thousands of people would tune in just to see what crazy things would happen on his season. Trust me, it would be the most dramatic season of “The Bachelor” ever.