I don’t know much about the history, the evolutionary advantages or scientific data of sleep patterns to tell you about the pros and cons of being a night owl. I know we need eight-ish hours of sleep a night. And I know that many, many of us do not reach that goal. But ultimately, I know that I am 100 percent a night owl. I’m more motivated at night to do my work, when the pressure of the day has gone, and after taking a nice, relaxing shower. Rarely will I sleep before 11. Keep reading for some of my confessions as to why, and hopefully some of you can relate:

1. “The Bachelor” doesn’t air until 8 p.m. on Mondays.

gif via GIPHY

gif via GIPHY

Not my fault! With classes ending at 5 p.m. or some other excuse, “The Bachelor” airing at 8 p.m. and 2 hours of vicarious watching, I won’t even be able to start homework until 10 p.m.! I mean, I guess I could watch it later, but then the thrill is gone, you know what I mean? It’s tragic.

2. I have to be up for Late Night.

gif via GIPHY

gif via GIPHY

Ever had those crunchy, cheesy, savory, awesomely-messy Warren quesadillas late at night after a long day of classes? If you’ve answered no, that’s OK. We’ll get you through this – just go tonight! And thank me later.

3. Don’t blame me – blame the nap.

gif via GIPHY

gif via GIPHY

Having 20 minutes of napping between classes adds up faster than you’d know! I’m a tired woman – it’s out of my control. But hey, sleep during the day, not at night, am I right?

4. Ugh, I’m too tired to get unready.
https://gph.is/1RgMRdq

The minute you walk into your dorm, a plethora of responsibilities still seem to await. To take off your shoes, socks, clean up your room a bit, do a bit more homework, scroll through Instagram, brush your teeth and remove mascara … I’m getting tired just typing about it.

5. How many cups of coffee did I have today, again?

gif via GIPHY

gif via GIPHY

With the number of Starbucks on BU’s campus, and the vast array of hours they’re open, how am I not supposed to drink 39824239 of them on a daily basis? I mean like, sure, it’s not good to drink “that much caffeine” or “that much sugar” or “that many carbohydrates” but you know what? I simply enjoy my lil’ pick-me-up and ignore the haters.