The beloved home of Lorelai and Rory returns in "Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life." PHOTO VIA WIKIMEDIA COMMONS.

The beloved home of Lorelai and Rory returns in “Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life.” PHOTO VIA WIKIMEDIA COMMONS.

Note: Contains spoilers from Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life.

Rory is getting a lot of flack from fans after the premiere of the Gilmore Girls revival. Granted, her characterization is questionable in the continuation, and a lot could have been done in the revival to tie up the series much better. However, the excessive criticism of the beloved character takes away from her amazing, and sometimes underrated, traits that have been built upon in the revival and recently revealed in A Year in the Life.

gif via TUMBLR.

gif via TUMBLR.

1. Her quirks havent changed

All the little things that made us love Gilmore Girls are still in the revival. Lorelai and Rorys coffee obsession? Check. Speed talking? Check. Love of food? Check. Rorys quirks and traits havent changed and there are plenty of hints everywhere that show us the Rory we fell in love with. A person can change a lot in 10 years, but certain things stay forever, whether its Rory love of Lukes Diner or her ability to connect with anyone in Stars Hollow.

gif via TUMBLR.

gif via TUMBLR.

2. Her love for Stars Hollow

Rorys a great writer, has written for prestigious publications and still has a lot of steam left in her. Although she hits a low when things dont go as planned with Condé Nast, she undoubtedly has accomplishments to come, yet she drops everything for a non-paying job as editor of the dying Stars Hollow Gazette. Shes not happy as the only millennial on the staff, but her small town dedication is not overshadowed by her big city goals. Also, the fact that shes able to come back to her hometown and naturally reconnect with so many people is admirable.

gif via TUMBLR.

gif via TUMBLR.

3. Her ability to deal with ex-boyfriends

Part of the reason why the Gilmore Girls fandom is disappointed with Rory is her strange arrangement with Logan. Regardless, shes able to meet with all three of her great loves in one year, and that takes some guts. Rory is able to have mature conversations with Dean, Jess and Logan by the end of the four episodes, and while the conversations may not have ended up how some fans would want (particularly for Jess fans), Rorys a trooper for being able to take advice from and joke around with all three men.

gif via TUMBLR.

gif via TUMBLR.

4. Her book (even though we havent read it)

Speaking of advice, Rory takes Jess advice and writes a book on her relationship with her mother. Rory, who is pretty unhappy with her career prospects as editor of the town newspaper, is able to get back on her feet creatively. Fans have always known that Rory is capable of great things, and a book titled Gilmore Girlsis ironically perfect. After all, its something only she can write.

gif via TUMBLR.

gif via TUMBLR.

5. Shes not perfect little Rory anymore

Sometimes, TV shows and movies introduce characters that, from the beginning, are known to be flawless (usually shy, studious and pretty girls). Its hard for these characters to remain perfect for years. The original Rory falls under this umbrella. However, in A Year in the Life, Rory is introduced to us as flawed and she does some unexpected things that the audience wouldnt expect from teenage Rory who was valedictorian, got into Yale and was adored by everyone. Without giving away the greatest spoiler in the miniseries, Rory reveals something shocking to her mother in the last moments of the revival. Viewers have issues with this aspect of Rory, saying its so unlike her, but fans should remember Rory isnt the same person she was 10 years ago.