These days, love can seem hard to come by. Our generation has made it nearly impossible to find anything close to a valid relationship, with various dating apps and the weird hookup culture we’ve found ourselves in. Yet, love can be found in a couple of weird places, even if it only lasts for a moment or two. Here are seven places where our generation finds love, inspired by stories heard by yours truly:

1. In an UberPOOL

Uber can be good for more than just a convenient ride. If you get into your next UberPOOL and there just happens to be someone already sitting there, buckle up, because they just might be the next love of your life. 

2. A frat party

Probably the most basic of places, people think that they can find love in frat basements every weekend in college. There’s just something about the allure of the party lifestyle that makes people all too willing to search for love, and sometimes being at a party just seems like too much of a movie scene not for everything to work out perfectly.

3.  A Tinder date

Another basic example, but I think everyone who goes on a Tinder date has just a tiny part of them that hopes to meet the love of their life, no matter how weird the person’s Tinder bio may be. Plus, this option takes a lot of extra work and a little bit of balls, so you get extra points on this quest for love.

4. The classroom

Everyone, and I mean everyone, has at least once claimed they were in love with that cute person in the back of the class. It gives you something to focus on during that boring statistics lecture and leaves you with the hope that one day you’ll be paired with that person for a group project and finally get the chance to speak to them.

5. The elevator

A setting that is reminiscent of, and perfected by, Meredith and Derek, the elevator remains one of the most potentially romantic spots to find love. There’s nothing wrong with taking a side glance at a cute stranger in the elevator while heading down from your floor.     

6. The library

While it seems to be a very academic setting for love, sometimes you can manage to find a potential love interest between the bookshelves.

7. The dining hall

Finally, a place where your love of food and hotties can come together in one perfect place. Whether you smile at them while grabbing a muffin, or stand next to them in line for a sandwich, you can still daydream about your wedding. There’s not a single thing wrong with that.

Love is hard. Life seems to have a hard time making things easy for us, but sometimes with a little extra help and a little daydreaming, you may just be able to find the one in the end, after all.