On Saturday, several events transpired at Comics Come Home that did not bode well for the Cam Neely Foundation. From sets about aborted plane landings to political bits that set the crowd ablaze with angst, the show was a rollercoaster from hysterical high points to horrific low points. The show was wildly entertaining, but also horribly cringe-worthy.

Denis Leary

He has hosted the show for 22 years and he is damn good at it. He does stand-up, comedic songs and equal opportunity insults. From a song about Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton to an ode to Canada, he kept the crowd laughing.

Jay Larson

Well, he joked about shaking his baby and giving her some rum to help her teeth not hurt. Apparently, the poor kid vomited from his methods and it interrupted his steak dinner, but otherwise, this was a normal day at home. He was a solid start to the show after Leary, and he was an interesting change of pace. Hopefully, he learns how to properly hold his child and doesnt get the poor thing drunk again. Heres a small taste of his comedic magic from a few years ago.

Wendy Liebman

I didnt catch some of her jokes, but the older crowd definitely had a better idea. Cute, little and fun, she was a ball of energy that kept the show rolling.

Wanda Sykes

This is where things started to go south. She started by talking about a gay, black woman and being scared of Trumps America, but Trump supporters were offended. She also made a fish farm joke and it was not well received. The politically charged attitude was a bit too much so soon after the election. At least she brought it back to the Cam Neely Foundation and cancer support. She tied in a story about her breast reduction turned mastectomy turned 50-year-old woman with 20-year-old titties.She was greeted with a fair amount of booing and flipped off the crowd, but at least her wife kissed her as she left the stage.

Nick DiPaolo

This is where the night really hit rock bottom, and then dug itself a bit deeper. First, he went after Sykes. Calling Hillary Clinton the elephant man, rape jokes about drunk women walking through Faneuil Hall which had to have been built by a rapist,calling Bernie Sanders an old Jewand ranting about the women in Viagra commercials being a tease were not all great. A girl who was outraged was taken out by security and called a Peabody Jewby DiPaolo. The final nail in the coffin was his rant about Breast Cancer Awareness Month and how football players wearing pink in support pisses him offbecause his team looks gay.Well, this was a fundraiser for cancer, so that was a horrendous move.

Bill Burr

God bless this man for saving the show. At this point, everyone was livid. All the booing and anger was soon forgotten courtesy of Bill Burr. I am almost positive he had a different set planned for the crowd, but he read the air and knew we needed some non-political, incredibly engaging humor. So, he told us about aborted landings. Imitating pilots, acting out his worst experience and just healing the crowd. Leary was surely thrilled this man brought the crowd back to laughs and happiness.

Lenny Clarke

Neon green Spanish pants. He was quirky, talking about the issues with marriage and his cat. His reasons for hating the Kardashians post-Burrs show revival kept things away from politics and if nothing else, his pants grasped the crowds attention. Heres Lenny at the event last year:

Robert Kelly

Ah, jokes about being fat and unsexy. Thank God the final three avoided politics. He ranted about his hatred of salads and his disbelief about his wife fantasizing about him. His jokes about fat riot cops truly had me wanting to Google it and figure out what he was talking about (worth the Google search).