1. The one who FaceTimes you just to have a dance party.
They know how to cheer you up and will call you at the perfect moment to blast your favorite song so you can both dance around your rooms like absolute fools.
2. The one who always falls asleep early and wakes up to your 3 a.m. text messages.
And they still respond! Honestly, I’m so thankful for this friend because looking back, those messages don’t deserve a response.
3. The dad friend with a hard shell.
Deep down, they’re actually a big giant teddy bear. They’ll act all tough and mighty but they’re actually love watching movies and baking cookies. They’re kind of crazy but definitely can be composed. They know when to be serious and when to have fun. They crack all of the lame jokes, but you still laugh because why not.
4. The mom.
Everyone’s got the friend who could be their second mom. She’s got her life together and is always giving advice. You need a bandage and study tips? She’s got your back. She’s sensible and radiates calmness when you’re stressed out or upset.
5. The one who shows up at your doorstep the second that they find out that you’re home for the weekend.
How do you have such a magical power? They definitely have a sixth sense for your presence.
6. The one who never responds in the group chat.
You miss them like crazy until the squad makes plans to hang out and they respond last minute saying they can’t.
7. The one who has a song lyric for everything.
They could probably sing everything they say. It rocks, but can sometimes be super irritating if you just want a normal convo.
8. The core squad who keeps you grounded — you can’t imagine life without them.
Let’s be real, we all have a back home squad and no matter how much they drive us insane, we love them to death and would do absolutely anything for them. Shout out to them.