If you’re anything like me, the drastic change our country went through this past Tuesday was not only heartbreaking, but it also really screwed with my week. The devastating aftermath of this tragic occurrence showed itself on a national level all over the country less than 24 hours after the election. On a personal level, I’m willing to admit that I bombed an exam, got no sleep and cried my way through half of my classes. The future of our country’s safety may be looking dreary, but the future of your day-to-day survival doesn’t have to. Here’s a few ways to help cope with the 2016 election:

1. Eat ice cream.

Let’s be honest, when is ice cream not the answer? Feel free to cuddle up with a personal pint of Ben and Jerry’s Americone Dream flavor to help ease the pain and mourn the loss of peace and stability in America.

2. Binge-watch Barack Obama videos.

I think we (or at least the liberals) can all agree that the worst part about all of this is the loss of an absolute gem, President Barack Obama. Everything from his mic-drop moments to his relationship with Joe Biden (the ultimate #friendshipgoals) always put smiles on our faces. Although he may no longer be in the White House, he will always be in our hearts (and on the internet). Gifs, vines and memes are also encouraged.

3. Binge-watch Michelle Obama videos.

Some of us may miss our first lady even more. I mean, seriously, even “Cards Against Humanity” knows what’s up (“Michelle Obama’s arms” is my favorite card to date). She slayed the game in every way and will go down as one of the most influential first ladies our country has ever seen. She’s been the queen, fitness aspiration and honorary mom of the American people. Let’s take some time to remember all she’s done for us.

4. Listen to a good playlist.

Music is the cure for any aching soul. Spotify’s myriad of moody playlists will give you a great selection of tunes to angry-cry to as you process your frustrations. Once you’re at a place of acceptance and ready to try and feel better again, Spotify will have a playlist for you then too. Here’s a playlist I personally recommend: “Songs for when you’re caught up in your feelings.”

5. Watch celebrities react to the election.

This could be another reminder of Tuesday’s unfortunate events, but at least they’re funny and well said. Solidarity with celebrities who are hurting as much as we are is a great source of comfort on this road to recovery. My personal favorite is Stephen Colbert’s straight fire.

6. Take a nap.

What better way to escape the political drama of this election than by sleeping through it? Plus, you’ll be able to catch up on the sleep you lost after crying all Tuesday night.

7. Have a little faith.

As crappy as this situation is, the only way we’ll be able to bring this nation together is if we have hope. It’s up to us to maintain the love, peace and acceptance of our society, regardless of who is sitting in the Oval Office. No radical legislation will keep us from continuing the fight for social progress and justice. We, the people, determine how we will treat one another, not the president.