Ah yes, the night in. While your friends go out on the town this Friday night, you’ve decided that you just need some alone time to decompress from the week’s stress. But what do you need for the perfect night in? I’ve compiled a list of what you’ll need to achieve maximum coziness and comfort.
Clothing (and what could be used as clothing)
If you want to be as comfortable as possible, what you wear is essential. You’re not going to be relaxed in a suit or gown, after all. Here’s what you really need to incorporate into your night-in outfit:
- A big, warm comforter
- An equally warm and oversized hoodie
- Kitsch fleece pajama pants
- Indoor-outdoor slippers (so you can get fresh air if you want without putting on real shoes)
- Plush blanket (preferably a Snuggie, because why not?)
- A comfy bed (alternative if a change in locale is needed: common room couch)
Eating our emotions is no strange task to college students like us. The night in is a time to enjoy the cheap and/or frozen foods and drinks you enjoy, which might include:
- Starbucks bottled iced coffee
- Pure Leaf iced tea
- Coke, Diet Coke, Dr. Pepper, Sprite, etc.
- Pizza rolls
- Hot Pockets
- Cape Cod Chips
- Ramen cup noodles
- Kraft Macaroni and Cheese
And of course, you can’t do nothing all night! You’ll need some good TV shows, movies and maybe some games if you are spending your night in with a friend or two. Here’s a few things you’ll need:
- Television (your computer could double as this if necessary)
- Video streaming service (aka Netflix)
- A playlist premade with favorite episodes, movies, seasons or whatever you want to watch!
- Cards Against Humanity (if with enough people)
Some things that you might need just don’t fit in the categories above, but are still equally important:
- A soft bed to call home for the night
- Appropriate lighting (not too bright, not totally dark)
- A friend to enjoy your night in with
Enjoy your night in!