My favorite drink of all time is simply a good cup of water. However, I appreciate a good soda once in awhile, especially during stressful times, such as during exam week and Election Night. I like to experiment with different kinds of soda, but over the years, I have grown fond of certain soda brands. Some sodas are similar to others, so some sodas that come out on top get their popularity from marketing strategies. Nonetheless, here are my top 5 favorite soda brands:

5. Mountain Dew

Mountain Dew is a neon green drink that has a sweet lemon and lime taste. The first time I drank Mountain Dew was in sixth grade, which was rather late. Mountain Dew is No. 5 on the list because even though I like the flavor, Mountain Dew simply contains too much sugar, which makes my throat sore.

4. Sprite

If you want a comparable soda to Mountain Dew, Sprite is the answer. Sprite is a lemon-lime flavored soft drink like Mountain Dew. But unlike Mountain Dew, Sprite is white in color. I only give it a slight over Mountain Dew because it contains slightly less sugar.

3. Orange Fanta

There are numerous orange sodas out there on the market. I don’t specifically have a favorite among the different brands of orange soda because I couldn’t really tell the difference between them. However, I’ll

This definitive ranking pits high profile soda brands against each other for the No. 1 spot. PHOTO VIA VIMEO.

pick out orange Fanta because I have special memories of buying it every weekend at the supermarket when I was younger.

2. Coca-Cola

Coca-Cola is a supreme brand worldwide. The soda is famous for its red and silver vintage logo. Personally, I prefer Diet Coke over the original simply because it’s slightly healthier and for some reason, it tastes better to me. Fun fact: Coca Cola is owned by The Coca-Cola Company which also owns Sprite and Fanta.

1. Pepsi

Pepsi and Coca-Cola have always been competing for the No. 1 position in the soda chain. But Pepsi has always been the best soda in my heart. Like Coca-Cola, I prefer the Diet Pepsi variant. The differences between Pepsi and Coca-Cola are minor, and many people can’t differentiate between them. Pepsi is slightly sweeter and has a slightly stronger lemon taste, which I prefer, giving it the top spot on this list.